ironman sprockets

14 replies to this topic
  • etownyzf

Posted May 18, 2004 - 02:41 PM

anybody try these ironman sprockets?-thinking of going with a tm designworks buffer/chainguide/roller set up-oh and an ert520 chain

• Chazlom

Posted May 18, 2004 - 02:47 PM

I have the Ironman and the Sidewinder, both will be the last sprockets you will have to buy. The Ironman is a 47 and I got the stock 48 in the Sidewinder. I have had the Sidewinder for over a year with no visible ware.
I am currently running the DID X-Ring chain and love it :thumbsup:
I also have the full TM setup, also better than stock.
You really can't go wrong with the setup you mentioned.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:20 PM

Best sprockets I have every run. :thumbsup:

• RippinInColorado

Posted May 18, 2004 - 06:17 PM

Do you ride motocross? Did you notice the additional weight? I went by their tent at Hangtown and picked one up. Very noticeably heavier in my hand, not sure how that translates to performance. Kind of like a flywheel weight, I guess. Is it noticeable?

• etownyzf

Posted May 19, 2004 - 12:17 AM

the steel ones are heavier but last 10x longer-i pretty much just race mx & practice alot-im getting the stock gearing for sure-dont think i'll like the 47

• revolucien

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:37 AM

i'm gettin ready to change my sprocket and chain soon... so if your supposed to change the sprocket when you change the chain, why get a sprocket that outlasts your chain??? :thumbsup:

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:51 AM

Bottom line is they are both maint items

Keep an eye on them replace when needed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pilot21

Posted May 19, 2004 - 09:24 AM

I've been running ironman sprockets with a DID X-ring chain on my bike for over 60 hours and it shows no sign of wear. I adjusted my chain after my first ride and have not had to since. Excellent product!!!

• 426F

Posted May 19, 2004 - 10:04 AM

Where can I purchase Ironman sprockets? I have never heard of them.

• falshh

Posted May 19, 2004 - 02:25 PM

motosport outlet mail order company see them on the web.I think they are around $90 bucks.

• YZFan

Posted May 19, 2004 - 02:34 PM

Talk to Sirthump he sells them at a really good price!!!!

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:32 PM

Here's a link to both a good price, and a weight comparison between Ironman sprockets, regular steel sprockets and aluminum sprockets on my site:

Good price and weight comparison here

In short they are very slightly heavier than aluminum, a LOT lighter than regular steel sprockets. Combine these with a quality sealed chain and you're set for a very long while. I run these on my personal 426 and most of my riding buddies are now running them too. :thumbsup:

• 426F

Posted May 20, 2004 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. When I figure out what gearing I want to go with I will be looking you up sirthumpalot. Thanks!!

• bushy

Posted May 21, 2004 - 11:31 AM

The fun part is convincing my dad to get these for me for my birthday! :thumbsup: Give any discounts to needy good children? I'm good enough, I ride a blue thumper! :awww:

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 21, 2004 - 03:13 PM

Use the coupon "FreeShipChainSprockets" and you get free shipping on Ironman sprockets for the next week. Shhh, don't tell anyone!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.