2005 YZF

15 replies to this topic
  • Stelminator37

Posted May 18, 2004 - 12:36 PM

Has anybody found anything about the '05 YZF's? I don't now if i should go ahead and buy the '04 450 or wait for a few months for the '05. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the net yet.

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 18, 2004 - 02:28 PM

It seems likely that there will be some significant changes since the '04 really didn't get much. Heard all kinds of rumors ranging from fuel injection to aluminum frames but nothing confirmed. One thing is for sure, with the federal government implementing emission standards starting in '06 there are sure to be a lot of changes by then.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 18, 2004 - 02:39 PM

In June the dealer show happens and some news will filter out. I also am patiently waiting for any news....... :thumbsup:

• etownyzf

Posted May 18, 2004 - 02:43 PM

dude,stick with what works-buy the 04-im convinced its the best mx bike ever

• yzf400man

Posted May 18, 2004 - 04:24 PM

ive heard the same thing, aluminium frame, fuel injection. i dont really no what will happen but it will be hella cool what ever it is!

• OC768

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:56 PM

Has anybody found anything about the '05 YZF's? I don't now if i should go ahead and buy the '04 450 or wait for a few months for the '05. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the net yet.

not that its of ANY use whatsoever..but a bit of random info: I was flipping around on the gyt-r site the other day looking for 450 stuff and noticed the 'select your year' stuff now has 05 as an option...and it appears most of the accessories will make the move, at least at the moment? nothing official of course :thumbsup:

• Thumper38

Posted May 19, 2004 - 02:43 AM

I would like a little info too. Can not wait for some info! :thumbsup:

• JJwinston

Posted May 19, 2004 - 06:40 AM

not that its of ANY use whatsoever..but a bit of random info: I was flipping around on the gyt-r site the other day looking for 450 stuff and noticed the 'select your year' stuff now has 05 as an option...and it appears most of the accessories will make the move, at least at the moment? nothing official of course :thumbsup:

Don't put too much stock in this, if you look, the same upper triple clamp is listed for the 03 and 04. As we know, this is not true.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXKyle

Posted May 19, 2004 - 06:45 AM

I have insider information that the '05 YZ's will be............... blue !

Remember you heard it here first. :thumbsup:

--KT--

• aford541

Posted May 19, 2004 - 07:33 PM

I heard that the 05 will be basicaly the same as the 04 with a few refinements. The fork and shock will be diferent
and way better. I asked him if it would be worth buying a new 05 he said yes. :thumbsup:

• 426_Texan

Posted May 19, 2004 - 07:58 PM

I heard that the 05 will be basicaly the same as the 04 with a few refinements. The fork and shock will be diferent
and way better. I asked him if it would be worth buying a new 05 he said yes. :thumbsup:

"He" who? The salesman standing there waiting to take some more money?

• Riffer

Posted May 20, 2004 - 03:40 AM

"He" who? The salesman standing there waiting to take some more money?

:awww: :lol: :thumbsup:

• aford541

Posted May 20, 2004 - 07:18 PM

Yeah thats it, the local salesman knows what the 05 yz will be like.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 21, 2004 - 04:23 AM

Well I just heard......

Nah just can not do the hooker schtick :thumbsup:

BUt I just heard that Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Susuki and aprilia struck a joint deal to create a bike from all 5 manufatures

Its a 450, has 11 speeds, 37" of travel front and rear, Vtwin, lectrinic fuel injection, ABS, Air bags and a child seat

They will call it
YamaHonawassukrilia

Here are some secret Proto type pics of the differant proposed bikes
Posted Image

Posted Image

Well it had 37" of travel :awww:
Posted Image

• William

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:22 AM

Sweet. :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted May 21, 2004 - 07:31 AM

suspesion testing at the racetech factory?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.