'04 450 pipe on '01 426

2 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted May 18, 2004 - 10:37 AM

You all know that the canadian version of the 01 426 has a pipe that cannot be opened at the end (it is welded). I was asking myself if a canadian '04 WR450 pipe would fit on the 426. That would be great because for 04, the canadian pipe is the same as the US one( you can open the can and put a new insert if you want). Me and some friends are thinking to replace our original 01 pipe by an original 04 pipe on our canadian 426s.

Anybody knows if it is feasible and if the mounting brackets will fit. I doubt it would because the subframes are not the same...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted May 18, 2004 - 10:54 AM

I just put the stock exhaust from my '04 WR450 on my buddy's '99 WR400. Fit with no problems. I used the WR400 headpipe. I know the 400 and the 426 had the same exhaust. Headpipes are a little different but will fit either bike. Not sure if it will work with a WR450 headpipe.

• Math

Posted May 18, 2004 - 11:15 AM

Thanks PBDBLUE,

We were planning on leaving the original header pipe anyway. If it worked for a 400, it will sure fit a 426.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.