Just did 700 miles in Baja.

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted May 18, 2004 - 10:23 AM

We just got back from 700 miles in Baja. Tough ride. Lots of route finding. Did 140 first day from Tecate to Ensinada. 220 second day to San Felipe through Mikes Sky ranch. 110 third day around San Felipe. 228 last day back to Rancho Veronica. My ass was so sore. Th Wr450 held up well. Did 89 on it with the GPS across the dry lake bed. Wringing it out. Weird thing though on the first day. My Kickstarter started vibrating and making grinding and scraping noises. I thought I was done. Then I wrung it out approaching Ensinanda and it went away. Any ideas there? Anyways I jetted it lean, went with a 3.3 IMS tank. Gas lasted pretty good. Good about 140 for the tank. Had one bad crash. But lots of fun.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:09 PM

Great ride! :awww: I have been thinking about doing a Big Baha ride myself. That is awesome 700 miles in 4 days! :thumbsup: That is my kind of riding! Any good pics? Any flat tires? What kind of tires did you run? How was the big get off? :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted May 18, 2004 - 05:20 PM

Did you change the oil at all during the ride?

• sjwr450

Posted May 18, 2004 - 06:58 PM

I ran new Dunlop 756s. MSR heavy duty tubes. I had no flats. A few of my buddies had some. This was unguided and unsupported. My crash was the worst I've had. High sided bad. My hands never even made it out in front of me. No oil change during. One right before. Changed again yesterday. We were hauling.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2004 - 04:39 PM

I run the MSR heavy duty tubes and I cant see getting them to flat with proper pressures for the terrain. High sides can be nasty. You must have been launched pretty good. Glad to see there are no permanent injuries. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.