yz400 wheel on 426 question

2 replies to this topic
  • acarter920

Posted June 01, 2002 - 05:31 AM

Just got a quick question. Any help is appreciated. I have a chance to get a 99' complete Yz400 wheel. Will it fit on my 426?

Normally i would say no... but im in a dilemma. All the parts numbers are same except the hub. Even the swingarm, axle, and all the bolt parts are the same. Same rim, same everything except the hub.

So if the axle bolt, and swingarm are the same part then it would fit, right? I just wanted to make sure before i bought it. Thanks for any help or ideas!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GYT-Rider

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:46 AM

I belive they changed the diameter on the rear wheelbolt from 98 to 99, so if the part# is the same I belive it will fit. I think the front brakedisc is bigger on the 01 wheel.

• freestyle111

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:52 AM

98 had different diameter axle.99 should be same as 2001.but even if it isnt you can still use wheel just call bearing boss and order bearings and seals with outside diameter for 99 hub and inside diameter for 2001 axle.wheel spacers should be same from 98 thru 2001.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.