aluminum frame for '05?

1 reply to this topic
  • vtec

Posted May 17, 2004 - 06:19 PM

i was with my best buddy a couple of months ago when he bought his new 2004 wr450 and the dealer told us that they had just gotten word that yamaha was going to put an aluminum frame on the 450's for '05!

has anyone else heard this?

since it looks like honda wont build a crf450x for a couple of years i would definatly buy an '05 wr450 if it had an aluminum frame! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted May 17, 2004 - 06:48 PM

The only thing I have every seen was a 125 with an aluminum frame in one of the MX mags about 6 months ago. Rumored to be 05 bike, but no confirmation.

Working at a Yamaha dealer, I have heard of no such rumors to date. Doug Dubach is/was doing the testing but could release no info about the bikes beyond "they are fast".

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.