How do you confirm a sub-frame is bent?

1 reply to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted April 29, 2004 - 06:14 PM

I looped out big time last weekend :lol: and snapped my rear fender off at the seat :lol:.Not only that but the exhaust end cap was bent up to almost a 45 degree angle. I put on a used rear fender that a buddy gave me and it does not sit square over the rear tire. I think when the exhaust hit the ground it tweeked the sub-frame. Any tips to try and square it off or is it a lost cause and I should buy a new one :awww:.Thanks for any and all input, you guys are always great about helping :thumbsup:.

Smoke :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captain_S

Posted May 17, 2004 - 11:32 AM

You could try a plum-line(or bob)hung from the middle of the sub frame and see if it points to the middle of the tyre,also have a look for any sign of cracked paint on the sub frame?,or just measure up from each side of the swing arm :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.