Vermont will not register my WR

2 replies to this topic
  • mikegags

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:54 PM

I called the Vermont DMV to register my 03 WR450, they will not register any bikes with a "not for highway use" title anymore with out a full inspection by a Vermont certified inspection station. this ruins my plans to ride the three dual sport rides in my area,Loudon NH,Hancock NY, and somewhere in NJ. If anyone knows of a different state that will street register {retitle} my 03 WR450 without an inspection let me know,I don't mind installing a dual sport kit on the bike, but I do not want to install DOT aproved tires, I just installed a brand new 756 on the rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 29, 2004 - 04:03 PM

Everyone I've talked to that dual-sported a bike said that the inspector never looked at the tires. I was pissed when the guy didn't look at the set I bought for just that purpose!

You can get DOT tires that are pretty cheap too..

• BEAN329

Posted April 29, 2004 - 06:16 PM

check out trak master II dot tires @$70.00 a set. I think there made by kenda. There should be a local dealer that will inspect the bike for you. Once you get your inspection cert go to the dmv and apply for a new title. Do you have to have Insurance in Conn.??. If you do check out progressive, they insured my WR. Good Luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.