Need help choosing pipe for XR650L

3 replies to this topic
  • alwayshonda

Posted April 29, 2004 - 10:48 AM

I am looking for a Aftermarket pipe for my 00' XR650L. I want something a little louder than the stock pipe but not too loud that I get sick of riding it. When I ride off-road it is on private land (my uncles 1500 acre ranch). I am looking at White Bros E-series , Pro circuit T-4, and XR's only pipe with a quiet core insert. I am trying to stay around the $250. I also want to stay away from any pipes that will turn my rear fender black from heat. Any advice or thoughts on any pipes would be appreciated. Thanks.... Aaron

• Dual_Dog

Posted April 29, 2004 - 12:03 PM

Go for the Gun, Big Gun QC that is. Get the headers too, if you can afford them.

Otherwise go for the FMF Q or get a Trapp IDS2 QS. I've got this Trapp slip-on & it works great. Not too loud & not too expensive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650Lroostnya

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:08 PM

White Brothers E-series!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Buckarmadillo

Posted April 29, 2004 - 04:07 PM

I knew that Dog² would be along with his SuperTrapp! Now let's get have a fine bike and you deserve the Best exhaust. Get a Yoshimura with the TEK insert set. You can adjust the noise to 3 different levels with the quietest being just about like stock. The muffler alone is about $260 from Toss in $40 for the TEK set up and go have fun. Did I mention that the TEK inserts change out in under a minute??? Woof........ :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.