Stolen: all my gear last night Bay Area

19 replies to this topic
  • nmabbott

Posted May 30, 2002 - 08:27 AM

Got everything stolen out of the back of my truck last night (helmet, pants, goves, jersey , you name it) while sleeping (smashed window, car alarm woke me up but they got away by the time i ran out of the house). Huge bummer. live in San Francisco. Looking for a good shop to buy new gear to ride this weekend. I remember going to a shop down around San Jose which had a pretty good selection (not sure about prices)may have been on Cesar Chaves or something. Any know the name of that shop or one with a decent selection in the bay area?

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 30, 2002 - 08:31 AM

Cycle Gear on 280 and Meridian ave in SJ has some decent prices. I usually shop there last. If your not in a hurry http://www.rockymountainmc.com has some great prices, shipping is free for over 100 bucks

Total bummer man, know how ya feel. Some freaking drunk punk stole my daughters xr70 a few days after I got it for her. We got it back though, but 300 bucks later in damage. This pin head pled not guilty, even though the report states he ran from the cops becouse he did not want to get busted drunk with a stolen bike.

• clarkster

Posted May 30, 2002 - 08:35 AM

agree about rocky mountain. i ordered some ARC pants, torq jersey,ARC gloves, Bieffe helmet, total cost, 182$ no shipping and i had it in 3 days. plus when i got the gloves, too small, called em up and they paid for shipping there and back to replace them. again, my .02 bummer about the theft though.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 30, 2002 - 09:36 PM

Rocky or Cycle gear your best bet. Ive got a cycle gear down here and they are within a buck or two of the cheapest stuff ive seen in the mags. Decent selections also at Cycle Gear.

• skthom2320

Posted May 30, 2002 - 09:45 PM

www.bobscycle.com is having a special deal on O'neal Hardware pants/shirt/gloves for $137.

Hard to beat that for top-o-the-line gear even with overnight shipping.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 30, 2002 - 09:53 PM

SK funny you mention Oneal, I was talking to the owner of the pit stop in hollister, he was telling me Oneal is pretty much done. He was saying they are getting to the point of folding,

I dont know what this has to do with the post but, then again, I post some pretty outrages replys anyway

• yznvegas

Posted May 30, 2002 - 10:06 AM

chapparal has gear packs on sale.....

Thor phase 3

pants: $72
jersey: $25
gloves: $15
boots: $90

Good luck man and sorry to hear about your bad luck. The crackheads probably don't even know it's gear, they think it's club wear. Just go to the local swapmeet, you'll probably be able to buy everything back for like $20 bucks.

• thumper4life

Posted May 30, 2002 - 12:25 PM

whats dubach gonna wear without oneal?! OH MY! this is a travesty! :)

:D

• BFLee

Posted May 30, 2002 - 02:37 PM

There is a Cycle Gear store in SF, at the corner of 3rd and Townsend (a block from PacBell park). Also in SF is Scuderia West on Duboce near Market St. If you get out to the East Bay go check out iMoto in Livermore and talk to Erich. Skips at Carnegie also has some good deals.

In San Jose there is a Cycle Gear and a shop called Road Rider. Road Rider does carry moto gear and they have a great selection.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: BFLee ]

• The_Blue_One

Posted May 30, 2002 - 03:03 PM

You can also check out zoom in santa clara.but the cycle gear in san jose had oneal pants jersey and gloves for 99 bucks.I also think there is going to be a fox clearence sale coming up real soon.

Later
bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BFLee

Posted May 30, 2002 - 03:14 PM

Originally posted by The Blue One:
You can also check out zoom in santa clara.but the cycle gear in san jose had oneal pants jersey and gloves for 99 bucks.I also think there is going to be a fox clearence sale coming up real soon.

Later
bill

I think the Fox factory clearance sale is this Saturday morning (6/1) at the Morgan Hill warehouse.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:57 AM

Fox Clearnce is June 1st in the Morgan Hill Factory Parking lot from 7am to 11am

First come first serve

But dont excpect any good deals, there mainly last years, discontinued and dented type

You can get better deals on the web

• Matt_W

Posted May 31, 2002 - 11:54 AM

No offense vegas, but you couldn't pay me to order from Crapparal !! I can call them the same day I get there new catalog and everything I order will be on back-order. Typically when you buy gear or parts, your ordering 4-5 items at a time. I've NEVER ordered from Crapparal because each time I've started to place an order, at least half the items I've asked for were on back order. I realize this has little to do with this post, but man I hate Crapparal and I feel I must enlighten the world about them !!!

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Matt W ]

• MOmilkman

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:55 PM

Originally posted by yznvegas:
chapparal has gear packs on sale.....

:D :D :) :D :D :D :D
OMG! Please dont stoop to Crapparal!
ESPICALLY if your in a hurry.

• SMarquez

Posted May 31, 2002 - 07:19 PM

Originally posted by EgoAhole:
SK funny you mention Oneal, I was talking to the owner of the pit stop in hollister, he was telling me Oneal is pretty much done. He was saying they are getting to the point of folding,

I dont know what this has to do with the post but, then again, I post some pretty outrages replys anyway

• SMarquez

Posted May 31, 2002 - 07:21 PM

Originally posted by EgoAhole:

Interesting, I talked to Jim O'neal in mid April and he was on his way to buy more cargo vans for the company. All was positive with him and pro rider rep Charlie F. I'll ask around.

• freestyle111

Posted May 31, 2002 - 07:51 PM

i have pair of size 10 oneil m840 boots.there in great shape i only used then few times.i mail ordered them and they were to small.ill give you great deal $50.i live in south city if your interested.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 01, 2002 - 04:18 AM

First lesson in Buisness, never never ever let anyone know that the ship is sinking.

Always portait a positive outlook.

The guy I spoke to stated that Oneal is asking for payments up front = Sure Sign of Debt
also orders are secured paid then sent out = No Cash flow

We just had a meeting Friday in the company I work for.
Tell tail signs your in bad situation Key Words
Refocusing
Restructing
Commitment to the board and share holders (BIG ONE)

and so on.
Oneal is just having cash flow worries, buying new equipment is budgeted and placed in motion months back...

Dont mean to start off on a diff thread.. But

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• SoCalWR426

Posted June 03, 2002 - 04:59 AM

Take a look on the WR426 side, I have some brand new gear for sale..Perhaps I can help you out..

SoCal

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

• nmabbott

Posted June 04, 2002 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for all the help. Actually got some good stuff at Fox on Saturday, super cheap. Spent the rest of the day going store to store and pretty much replaced everything but my Alpinestars Tech 8's, will be using my old beat up Tech 6's till next pay check. Or hopefully my insurance will come though with a check.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.