How tall for tall seat foam

6 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted April 29, 2004 - 05:13 AM

How tall are you guys that run the tall seat foam? I'm 6'1" and am wondering if it's a good idea, maybe atleast to make transition to standing a little easier? Anyone have Baja Designs tall/soft foam? Thanks for any help. Lee

• qadsan

Posted April 29, 2004 - 05:39 AM

I'll have mine by next week :thumbsup:, but it may take another week or so before I get around to putting it on. From what I've been told by a guy at Baja Designs, they get their tall soft seat foam from Guts Racing. I'm 6'4" tall and shrinking. The downside to this seat foam is it spoils the clean lines from the seat to the rear fender and looks kind of funky (a fender pack may clean the look up), but I'll take the addded comfort & easier transition from sitting to standing after my last outing since I'm just out for recreation anyway.

• XR650R_Bob

Posted April 29, 2004 - 07:36 AM

I have Baja Designs Gutz seat...taller than stock by almost 2 inches.....much more comfy. Mine is setup for dual sport so the extra padding is good.
I'm 6'4" with 34" inseam and I cannot flatfoot...just balls of my feet. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted April 29, 2004 - 08:04 AM

I too have the tall foam and seat cover... I'm 6'2" and about 205lbs. I too can only touch with the balls of my feet, I've got a 34" inseam as well.

I've also set my bike up for a 240 rider (10.5 spring) since all my gear and tool bag is quite heavy. I think my tool bag alone feels like a cement bag... then add a backpack or side saddle bags and all normal gear... sheesh... And I still can't touch too well.

The fender bag DOES help with the lines... and makes it almost unnoticeable.

It's great for those long hauls... For example from Tecate to San Felipe (about 280miles one way, my route) I didn't get too sore. It's definitely worth it for the tall guy.

Oh, and I also purchased mine from BajaD... as they're pretty local to me.

I hope that helps... as it looks like you're getting your answer. :thumbsup:

• SMOKE

Posted April 29, 2004 - 02:20 PM

does the seat foam come with a new cover or can you use the stock one?

• Roll_it_on

Posted April 29, 2004 - 02:58 PM

Stock one will not work. You will need to get the cover too. By the way I'm 6'1" and I love the ergonomics with the tall seat.

• jws

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have Baja Designs Gutz seat...taller than stock by almost 2 inches.....much more comfy. Mine is setup for dual sport so the extra padding is good.
I'm 6'4" with 34" inseam and I cannot flatfoot...just balls of my feet. :lol:

me too :thumbsup: :awww: :lol: Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.