2 or 3?

If you lay them down on there side I would say 15 to 20 if you use the ratchet Tie Downs ?

Thats me ThumpSalad Side Hehe

3 at best

Although in my youth and in a drunken stuper I got 6 in the back of a 55 chevy, But we made it to the hills

Originally posted by EgoAhole:

I say a 8 on the ego scale

What does this scale go to??? Where does it start??? What does it measure???

These are the burning questions on all TTalkers minds...

BTW, around here, quad haulers would never put a quad up on the cab, for this would obscure their name or car club that is beautifully etched on the back window. So they hang the front ends out either side of the bed...

Two of my buddies just bought quads. ? The big monster 4 wheel drive 10mph block the trail kind. :D I tried to steer them from the Dark Side but they succombed. Their reasoning was, "You can't put a tent and cooler on the back of a bike." :D They also wear jeans and no helmet when riding. And yes the ringleader is from Arkansaw. :D

I keep asking them when and where they are riding but can never link up. Don't misunderstand, I don't want to ride with them, I just want to give em a ROOST and run to show them the folly of their choice. :D

Mainly I am mad cause I lost a good couple of potential riding buddies. :D

Oh, and EGO, I think your sarcasm is quite funny. No, really.

Originally posted by Dan Lawrence:

Two of my buddies just bought quads. ? The big monster 4 wheel drive 10mph block the trail kind. :D I tried to steer them from the Dark Side but they succombed. Their reasoning was, "You can't put a tent and cooler on the back of a bike." :D

My buddies call those type of quads “Farm Implements,” which I find accurate.

In Texas the “reasoning” of quad riders is the same, just substitute some type of firearm for the word “tent.”

Hey, I’m down with that, but I use my pickup or my horse for beer-hauling, firearm-toting type outings. :D Someone asked my dad recently why he didn’t buy an “Implement” for the ranch, and he astutely pointed out that a pickup will go most anywhere a quad can go (when he or I is behind the wheel, anyway), has a/c, more payload, and his dog can ride shotgun.

I will remember that conversation every time I see a guy drive out to the dez/dunes in his 4x4, unload his quad, and then spend the afternoon riding it up and down the same road he just drove in on...

Bashing quad riders is fun, but too easy to be stimulating.

One thing to keep in mind when using a small trailer is that they tend to bounce alot because they are so light. Bikes secured in the bed of a truck or on a long trailer do not need to be strapped down as tightly. Getting three bikes on there should not be too tough (put the middle one in backwards), but you may find that getting them all strapped in securely is a challenge. You really need to either tie the rear wheel down in a channel or use a four point tie down method to keep the bikes from moving around.