Anyone know where I can get this setup?

6 replies to this topic
  • lacofdfireman

Posted April 28, 2004 - 07:16 PM

Sorry Flying guitar for using your photo but it has exactly what I need. I am looking for this bar and Riser setup. Not sure who makes one so can someone help. I am 6'4 and this looks mighty comfy.

Posted Image

• flyinguitars

Posted April 29, 2004 - 02:54 AM

Wow!!!! That's an awesome looking bike!! :thumbsup:

lacofdfireman,
I pm'd you with some info....Try calling thumperracingusa or emailing them about risers....I think they sell them but don't have them listed on the site.
Mike

• krotchwaffle

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:26 AM

i called thumperracingusa about them and they do sell them even though they aren't listed on their site. they want about $90 for the 1" up and forward, i'm guessing the 1.5" that you'd probably want won't be much more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krotchwaffle

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:27 AM

flying guitars, i meant to ask you in the other thread you had, but did you have any issues with the cables or brake line being pulled tight from the increase in height of the bars?

• flyinguitars

Posted April 29, 2004 - 04:05 AM

Good question....I forgot to mention. I had to take off my front brake guide (attached to the triple clamp bolt) because the brake line looked a little tight when the bike was on the stand with the forks extended. I just took the guide off, but then the brake line rubbed the number plate. No big deal, the plate just looked worn after several rides. Then I made my own bracket out of aluminun angle stock....later I ended up copying it with a home made carbon fiber one...same thing....just looks cooler. If you buy the risers, I could show you a picture or make one up for you.
I didn't have any problems with the throttle cables though.
mike

• krotchwaffle

Posted April 29, 2004 - 11:17 AM

good to know. i'm thinking of getting the 1" risers for my 426 so it'll feel more roomy. i did notice that in the picture you had your throttle turned forward a little and i wasn't sure if that was why. i think i'm going to order them tomorrow.

lacofdfireman, sorry i kind of hijacked your thread. but, hopefully this is useful information for you, too.

• BBRguy

Posted April 29, 2004 - 11:53 AM

That set up looks nice, and the bike looks great too. That set up must work really well for you, cause it looks like you have a bottle of champagne stored under your bike stand! LMOA! no really, the tall risers do help out alot if your in the 6 foot and up group, i heard they even make 6 inch risers for shaq! (jk) later thumpers!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.