What causes Decel popping, backfiring??

22 replies to this topic
  • FASTFRANK

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:12 AM

I am trying to picture this in my head but clockwise would be turning the screw out there bud. It is going to be 93 degrees here tomorrow so I am gonna get the ole 426 out early in the am and turn some laps. Hopefully she will be running better than ever!! wish me luck. Everyone be safe this weekend riding and such!! Frank

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:25 AM

Unless it is reverse threaded than the screw will come out when turned counter-clockwise.

• FASTFRANK

Posted June 01, 2002 - 07:23 AM

Well I turned a few laps this morning. It was about 85 at 10:00 this morning. Well she ran good the first two or three laps then started to act up again as usual. Dam I am so tired of this stuff. she is backfiring and popping like hell under decel. Studdering and popping a little under hard accel. up hills and out of turns. She will still run good midrange and top but it is just not running like it should. I know if I pull the plug it is going to be black. I will mess with the screw next time I ride but it is set about 1.5 out and everything else is stock except BK mod. I wish I could just ship out the bike to one of you jetting gurus so you could fix it. A case of beer would be included of course!! LOL I know that everyone is tired of hearing the same ole thing out of me but I am stumped. Me and my mechanic are gonna work on it next week. In the mean time I am gonna order a 38 pilot and a 165 main. Those are about the only two jets I dont have. I think the main is fine at 162 though but I might need to do something with the pilot. I give up, anyone want a 426? Just kidding, Frank :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.