question about jetting

3 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 28, 2004 - 02:12 PM

I have a 2004 WR450F. It's bran new with only 115 miles on it. I noticed between very light acceleration and deseleration there is a flat spot. That motor kinda cuts in and out between the two. Is this a jetting problem? I ride at about 700ft above sea level. Would like to get the correct numbers of the main and pilot jet. I don't have any idea. Also the air screw is still in the stock postion. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks...

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 28, 2004 - 02:18 PM

Not enough information to truly help you. Advice:
Buy JD jetting kit from this forum store. Do basic mods, gray wire, throttle stop , bigger cork, etc, you will find on this forum by searching. The bike will run much better and then post issues for more support. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 28, 2004 - 04:38 PM

thanks, where do I find the link to all that?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 28, 2004 - 06:21 PM

http://www.thumperta.../fpart/all/vc/1

As a start but do more searches for specific mods for more details. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.