Any Mopar tranny experts out there (Dodge Grand Caravan)?

9 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:09 PM

This thing has been into AAMCO 7X now. Apparently the speed sensors are failing continuously, usually 2-4 hrs of life.

Now the POS computer DOES NOT recognize a transmission installed... :)

Does ANYONE offer a manual trans kit for this thing? How about a Turbo350 (with LOTS of adapters) install kit?

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 29, 2002 - 10:28 AM

Dude
Man are you off the beating Path :)

Man this is a Chevy Forum cant ya tell

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• yznvegas

Posted May 29, 2002 - 10:44 AM

Ego, read your own signature, you should take your own advice.

• thumpsalad

Posted May 29, 2002 - 12:39 PM

Kev,

What year is it?

My buddy had a Grand Caravan that had nothing but tranny problems....might be best to go Japanese!

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Bill ]

• AintSkeerd

Posted May 29, 2002 - 02:06 PM

Hope you haven't been towing a trailer with that Dodge Caravan, even if it has a six cylinder. They are notorious for tranny trouble. Check out the classifieds and see how many have new trannys. I suggest you cut your losses and sell it. I guess the Caravan's go with the KTM crowd. Just kidding. Hope you get it fixed and get a better ride. Best of luck.

ps/ I have a VW Bus and need some advice on how to tow a Weekend Warrior.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 29, 2002 - 02:08 PM

Kev,

Just read today in the new Mopar tech mag. That Dodge offers factory rebuilts for the caravans. Might want to try one of those.

Doesn't Aamco give lifetime warranties???

Bill

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 29, 2002 - 04:51 PM

My wife had a new Plymouth Voyager same as the Caravan. She had nothing but trouble with the thing from day one, it was only two years old when she got rid of it,,,yes it had tranny problems also.

• gonzo

Posted May 29, 2002 - 04:54 PM

Bad tranny's and Chrysler's just go hand and hand. My 99 Grand Cherokee leaks constantly. I had it fixed and it still leaks. Also the torque convertor is broken now. When I put it in reverse it starts jiggling.

• rvanliere

Posted May 29, 2002 - 05:17 PM

I have a 88 plymouth grand voyager and its got 188,000 miles on it . never installed a trans./motor nothing but basic stuff. Alternator belts hoses . I even tow my dirtbikes behind it on a trailer . I hope I make ya feel that there is hope . I feel for ya . My last Grand Caravan went over 200,000 miles . :)

• mike_dean

Posted May 30, 2002 - 01:06 AM

Besides having the worst trans in the industry, chryslers have many wiring problems, I would check for intermittant problems in the harness or the hard shell connector. I assume the trans is an A604 overdrive, if it is only a wiring or sensor problem you are lucky. Good luck Mike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.