YZ 450F preview in Dirt Rider

94 replies to this topic
  • john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:35 AM

Which Dirt Rider are we talking about, June or July ????

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:37 AM

This reminds me of 5th grade. Your bikes fat, so yours is slow, na uh, yours is ugly, no way, yours is dumb, no your dumb,

Mommie he called me dumb!

Then here is comes:

• gonzo

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:39 AM

John, I believe its either July or August. Its a blue cover with Dirt Rider written in like a Greenish yellow. Wierd looking but its all in there. I apologize to everyone i am not usually this rude.

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:41 AM

Thanks Gonzo,

I didn't get that issue yet, should be any day.
When it comes, I'll check it out.

• yznvegas

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:54 AM

Hey Gonzo, you might not usually be this rude but when you fly off the cuff and tell people to stick stuff up their rear ends and call them morons. People might disagree with you, that's all, good luck with your riding, you seem like a fast rider.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:56 AM

Oh how the tide is turning Cluk Cluk Cluk Bercaaaak

• Kirtwell

Posted May 29, 2002 - 08:52 AM

With all this arguing between you guys I never heard the one thing that would benifit us all with blue thumpers.

I'm not concerned with the freaking weight guys...I'm too old to care about it now..but my 426 died on my at the starting line this weekend ....it took me 5 kicks to get it running again....I was so tired I didn't even want to race.......what did they say about that?

• GYT-Rider

Posted May 29, 2002 - 08:58 AM

Someone please scan a picture of the bike. :)

• 18F

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:22 PM

My local dealer did a T&E with Dubach on the 450 last month and they both said the 450 was "way fast" and light.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:41 PM

Man, a lot of you sound like those friggin whiners from the CRF side. Go buy the Red bike, you will fit in fine over there! What the hell is wrong with the current design? Not a damn thing except some weight, starting issue & maybe another needed 24cc's. Yamaha has a proven design that has much better (Tunable)suspension & ergo's for anyone over 5ft 4inches tall than Honda's. "The hole in the sideplates" gimmi a break...how else do you pick the beast up? You are gonna change the triple clamps, the handle bars, the pipe for your own taste. My advice is to shut up & see what the official word is before you type the stupidity that I am reading here. FYI: either one is going to be a fine dirt bike .... & remember, we are all on the hobby here :) :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:52 PM

Well put ga426

• yzernie

Posted May 29, 2002 - 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Kirtwell:
....it took me 5 kicks to get it running again....I was so tired I didn't even want to race....

Your profile does not list your age. With all due respect to you......If you are to winded and tired to race after kicking a bike 5 times then you have some training issues to deal with.

• therapture

Posted May 29, 2002 - 10:44 AM

Jeesh...I leave you guys alone for a few days and look what happens!!!!! Complete and utter flamage!!! :) :D

I am supposed to be the one to start stuff like this, they put me and mxaddict in charge of jumping on people I thought :D

Easy up fellas...10lbs would be a welcome change,and the 24cc is just gravy. Since the YZF and the CRF are so close in overall power now, any extra is just a bonus, and won't make a damn bit of difference in your finishing position. The fast guys still win, the slow guys bring up the back, and us normal guys fill out the field. Always has been and always will be like that right?

I am totally keeping my mouth shut on this 2003 issue until the Yamaha dealer meeting has transpired, then and only then, will we know what the Real Deal© is.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:02 AM

I kept telling them to stop
but they wouldnt
they wouldnt listen to me at all
Oh the horror theeeee hooooororrrrrrrrrrr

• yzboy

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:11 AM

ego-a-hole, wathcing you ride your bike you could use a bike that is 20lb lighter. On one of the post we were talking about how fast you could go on a stock yz 426 i posted that i had my bike going about (96) and you said no way? well my freind last weekend at works race i had my bother clock us and it came out to be 96. :) :D :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:22 AM

You copy the quote were I said noway

"NOway I said Noway"

I think I said after I put the turbo charger in I hit 140 or somthing like that

Iam sure yz-n-limbo will come back with another intellectual responce

DId you just make fun of me :D

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• yzboy

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:28 AM

hay ego i could never clown the master clowen. u looked good on that flat track? But what about a stock 426 going 96 with 15/49 sproket? :) :D

• therapture

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:29 AM

Seriously though, I am thinking HARD about keeping my bike and spending a little bit of money on it. A new bike is NOT going to make me faster, I can lose 10lbs easier and cheaper than a new bike, and my suspension is sweet! I would have to start all over again with revalving and springs since my weight is considerably more than average (239 at present).
A nice 444cc kit, new plastic, a Honda front master cylinder, a Dr D. exhaust system, and my bike would run with ANY 2003 model out there, for 1/6th the price...not to mention if I would get in a bit better shape! And I agree, if you get worn out from kicking your bike 5 times, training is a priority! :)

The YZF will start very easily if you:

1) have the bike jetted correctly
2) follow the drill
3) there are no other mechanical problems

I can start mine so easy, I do not even have to stand up on the peg, I sit there, puch the kickstarter until it gets hard, pull the decomp lever and push the lever ONE MORE inch, release the lever, and kick. BOOM...it fires up. Ask my pals, they see me do it. I do have the BK mod done and the light blue wire disconnected. But then again, it started easily before as well.
I use a 165-168 main, 45-48 pilot, and the stock 2001 needle (EJP) in the 4th groove from top. Runs crisp and pulls hard!

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:48 AM

YZBoy: Someone slap some sense into this kid!

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 29, 2002 - 11:55 AM

Why is every one picking on this kid

96 mph Bah-Humbug
Thats a quote

Back in my day I was fast, now I am fast in my own mind, its ok though my mind says 90 im going 30 :)

Again its all about fun.

Yzboy nothing like sitting up at the end of the straight and throwing it sideways at 90 +,

Ahh how I long for those days....
Beisde benchracing is much safer :D

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.