Sad Day

5 replies to this topic
  • WileE1

Posted April 27, 2004 - 08:06 PM

Question: Ive got to give up the Dr. D pipe. Hate to do it :) Just too loud for the 02 426.
FMF Q & Power Bomb combo, is it worth it?
I bought the bike new and the Dr. D set up at the same time. Never rode the bike with the stock pipe. I'm afraid Im going to notice a big difference, one less than faverable. I assume the top end will suffer.
Is the FMF Q & Power Bomb combo worth the money, or should I look at something different? Any comments or suggestions?

• WileE1

Posted April 27, 2004 - 08:53 PM

After a forum info search on the FMF Q pipe I'm thinking I should look the new White Brothers E2. All I see is substantial power loss. Less than the stock :)

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 28, 2004 - 12:39 AM

It would be a LOT cheaper to just add a Dr. D quiet insert to your current exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WileE1

Posted April 28, 2004 - 05:58 AM

I gave the insert a try plus new packing, still too loud.

• slowrider

Posted April 29, 2004 - 03:04 AM

you want to sell the DR D?

• Bryce250f

Posted April 29, 2004 - 02:56 PM

I have heard that the CRD Absolute Power II doesn't choke off the power as much as the FMF Q and is quieter. A lot of the European guys are using these.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.