Free Mods and Jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • Yamamann

Posted April 27, 2004 - 12:07 PM

2004 WR450F - 11 miles, still cherry.
If I do the "free mods", remove exhaust insert (replace with PMB), airbox mod, grey wire and throttle stop - will I have to do anything to the jetting? Back out the air/fuel screw (how much)? Change the needle groove? What will happen if I do not do anything to the carb?

• A_2_N

Posted April 27, 2004 - 12:43 PM

I'll try & give you a "little tip"..."maybe"
You'll have to turn your airscrew in...not out.
You can try your clip down one position. :)
I also have a new WR & have only removed the insert so far. It is a little loud, but made a big difference. I rode it bone stock for 50 km. before i removed the insert.
I am not putting it back !!! :D

I will be doing some tuning with the stock setup...along with the airbox mod.
My :D WR does has a YZ throttle stop {stock} & no grey wire. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted April 27, 2004 - 03:22 PM

yes I'd also like to know more about the e-clip and were exactly is that supposed to be set at and the air screw?

• tcmII

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Buy the JD jet kit for the WR, follow the instructions and should be happy. I know that I am.

Also, I bought the Yamaha YZ throttle stop from the dealer and the Zip-Ty fuel screw from the TT store. Unfortunately, neither work on the 1998 WR I bought them for. If you interested let me know. I don't what to make any money, but would like to try to break even.

• tl1ks

Posted April 28, 2004 - 09:38 AM

Uhh you got mail.

Also, I bought the Yamaha YZ throttle stop from the dealer and the Zip-Ty fuel screw from the TT store.

If you interested let me know.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.