Rumor on the '05s - fuel injection

6 replies to this topic
  • RippinInColorado

Posted April 27, 2004 - 04:55 AM

A friend of mine says the 05 CR450s are coming with fuel injection. He said he has a friend that is a large Honda dealer in Oregon and told him that's solid info.

Anybody else heard anything about 05s of any color?

I was kinda hoping no one would change much and I could keep mine another year. But I think FI would change my mind. Or >5 pound weight loss.

Anyone heard FI? Any other rumors, especially Yamaha?

• Matt96xr6

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:00 AM

They are fast. That is all Doug Dubach is saying. He is/was doing the testing for Yamaha on the 05s.

Honda, I have talked to the rep around here. He also said there was going to be a 6sp in the CRF250X bike. So take that with a grain of salt until you get another source to back it up.

• Thumper38

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:03 AM

I also did hear that the Hondas are going to be fuel injected!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Well I heard the other day as I was sitting at a cold stone ice cream joint, I was listening in on a conversation from a guy who was talking to his friend who had an aunt that heard from her sisters uncles, brothers second cousins, grandma's, son's, ex wife who is now a hooker that works next to Yamaha and dates occasionally mr yamaha. I over heard the guy who was talking to his friend who had an aunt that heard from her sisters uncles, brothers second cousins, grandma's, son's, ex wife who is now a hooker that works next to Yamaha and dates occasionally mr yamaha say

There Defiantly Blue I was stunned :)

• yz_for_me

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:58 AM

Looks like a possibility. Here is a thread on the general forum that talks about it (pics included). Thread on General Forum

Here is another thread on the CRF forum. Thread on CRF Forum

Here is the Racer X Illustrated article that started the whole thing. Racer X article

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 27, 2004 - 11:41 AM

I heard Honda will need fuel injection to keep up with the Yamaha, because Yamaha is adding a super charger! :)

• aford541

Posted April 27, 2004 - 08:42 PM

Injected or blown?
I have heard that one before! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.