Unrelated Topic - Gas turbine streetbike

8 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted April 27, 2004 - 01:05 AM

Thought u may find this intresting to say the least
Click here then click the 'superbike brochure' link.

• yamaha.dude

Posted April 27, 2004 - 10:53 AM

Great, just great mate! Thanks a alot...

Just when I had talked myself out of an R1 for the sake of my licence and life, now you show me an even faster bike to want to have a ride of...

Yeah, cheers pal! Thanks A LOT! :) :D :D :D

David

• captain_S

Posted April 27, 2004 - 11:55 AM

Yeah that sure is smooth,but did you know that you don`t need a turbine from a jet-ranger,you can get smaller one`s,and they will run on diesel too!,i have a friend who works on turbines and i asked him when i first saw this gig,can you get me one o those!,huh i`m still waiting :)(did you know they spin up to around 16000 rpm before they ignite!) :D

• ovrrdrive

Posted April 27, 2004 - 12:06 PM

Jay Leno has one he may sell... I scanned this out of a magazine awhile back. It's just over 1MB.

http://ovrrdrive.mad...ds/leno_y2k.JPG

That thing is amazing. I had an avi of him picking it up. I'll see if I can dig it up too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted April 27, 2004 - 12:16 PM

Found it. :)

http://ovrrdrive.mad...MTT_Turbine.wmv

Oh yeah, the vid is 3.64 MB.

• yz_for_me

Posted April 28, 2004 - 01:03 PM

The coolest thing about that bike is the way it sounds! Imagine hearing that when one of those blows by you on the freeway. Very cool! :thumbsup: :awww:

• r1superstar

Posted April 28, 2004 - 01:27 PM

Great, just great mate! Thanks a alot...

Just when I had talked myself out of an R1 for the sake of my licence and life, now you show me an even faster bike to want to have a ride of...

Yeah, cheers pal! Thanks A LOT! :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :awww:

David

Bummer, you should have bought it. But if you have no self control, then I understand. :lol:

Let's see, the turbine sportbike has a power to weight ratio of 1.73 and the new '04 R1 has a ration of 2.3. Not bad for a motorcycle that costs less than $10k.

Posted Image

• yamaha.dude

Posted April 28, 2004 - 09:06 PM

Bummer, you should have bought it. But if you have no self control, then I understand. :lol:

I would not be buying an R1 and putt-putting to the shops and back for milk... :lol: I have ridden one, and as much as I liked it, I knew that I should not have one in my shed... :awww: a modded WR and a modded V8 car is enough adrenaline for me... an R1, or R6, for that matter would just be too much temptation, unless I was on a track with it... but I have no road racing tracks close enough... :lol: and too many idiots on the roads... :thumbsup:

David

• Hamish

Posted April 28, 2004 - 09:18 PM

if u r keen on the R1 check out the on board vid from a turbo r1 at www.fuelmedia.se Judging by the way it lifts the front wheel on the throttle from way over 100mph i'd say it's got 300+ HP.

Hamish

Fixed your link... :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.