4 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted April 26, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Just wondering how often you guys lube up your linkage? :)

• yathump

Posted April 26, 2004 - 03:29 PM

I finally tore mine down this winter and was i glad i did because i found moisture inside, think i will definitely do it more, depending on what conditions i have been riding in. I could notice right away that the suspension seemed to work easier with fresh grease. It really depends on what conditions you ride in, the wetter the more often, the dryer you can probably get away with once a year.
Just my .02 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastenuf4u

Posted April 26, 2004 - 03:51 PM

I lubed my linkage after having my bike a full season. Everything seemed to be in really good condition.

One thing I would recommend while you have the linkage off is to pick up a Storm Linkage, I can't believe how much it improved cornering on my bike. Too bad I didn't do it sooner, I got used to riding it without the linkage and now have to re-adjust.

• brian389

Posted May 19, 2004 - 11:46 AM

Tell me more about the storm linkage. You said cornering improved, but in what aspect? The Honda 450 steers better than my YZ, but the YZ feels more balanced in the corners. I just bought a triple clamp to move my bars 3/4 inch forward (I'm 6' with long arms), and had looked at the storm link, but decided against it. Does it just steer quicker? How does it make the bike behave?

Thanks for your input!

• wrooster

Posted May 19, 2004 - 02:22 PM

just FYI...

also see these threads if you're new to the linkage:

jim aka the wrooster

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.