Helmets?

9 replies to this topic
  • Yamaha600Racer

Posted April 26, 2004 - 11:46 AM

hey guyz....time to get a new helmet...i want to spend around $150 - $200... im liking the NO FEAR Optimal helmet....anything else to consider in that price range? thanks alot guyz :)

• rbsdsu

Posted April 26, 2004 - 12:38 PM

You can get the HJC AC-X2 on ebay for like 159.00, thats a sweet deal for an awesome helmet!!!

• crayztwentyseven

Posted April 26, 2004 - 02:21 PM

Check out the new bell helmet for about 200 bucks it looks sick, :D the one I saw was black with red flames around the bottom. and I think it was at www.motosport.com :)

• Satch0922

Posted April 26, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I ruined my Thor at Splendora two weeks ago. I bought and M2R Rev2 off of e-bay for $70!!! They are $200 helmets. Alot of people really like them because they are super light (2.8 lbs or something). Then again some people don't like them for one reason or another. I figure for $70 I can't go wrong.

• Matt96xr6

Posted April 26, 2004 - 04:00 PM

You only have one head, use it wisely!

I am a big fan of the TLD, Shoei and Arai helmets for comfort and protection. You get what you pay for! I just bought a new TLD after a few to many years in my Shoei.

But the HJC Chromiums are a very nice lid for the money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Doug_Caldwell

Posted April 27, 2004 - 03:22 AM

I have to put my vote out for HJC AC-X2 helmets. They are very affordable and have a vaiety of colors to make people happy. Oh, I forgot to mention that they are one of the best helmets made. They also make helmets for a number of clothing companies like Thor.

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted April 27, 2004 - 03:27 AM

No body like the no fear helmets? :)

• Anssi

Posted April 27, 2004 - 04:31 AM

No body like the no fear helmets? :)

Who cares? If you like the look and the helmet fits you good, go ahead and get one. I don´t think anybody tries to sell a non-certified helmet any more.

I have the Arai with the detachable nose or whatever. It is pretty much the lightest helmet made and I like it a lot.

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted April 27, 2004 - 03:32 PM

i think im gonna go for the arai vx-pro i found for 350 new! its a leftover....so how do they fit compared to shoei...i wear a large shoei so a large arai? thanks Pete

• YZFan

Posted April 27, 2004 - 04:26 PM

Shoei and Arai are not even close in how they fit. If the shoei fits you really well you better try on the arai first. Totally different helmets. I have an Arai head can even get the Shoei in the same size on. Good luck

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.