never starts

6 replies to this topic
  • chrisb426

Posted May 26, 2002 - 08:34 AM

i have a new 426 i have always had this problem. This bike will never start after it has sit over night. I have tried brands of gas jetting on carb leaner and richer hotter plugs made sure not too much oil on filter, I all the electronics checked on it blue wire mod and also the bk mod, yes made sure i am starting it right. even when i am done riding i turn the gas off drain it and on top dead center. I have tried everthing i can think of. Anybody have any ideas. I have to race tomorrow.

• yznvegas

Posted May 26, 2002 - 01:11 PM

If your bike has done this from day one than you need to take it back to the dealer and let them handle it. The bike is not right and if you paid $6k for a bike it should after sitting after night.

I am going to ask an obvious question, are you giving it gas when you try to start it?

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 26, 2002 - 07:32 PM

Chris B,

I hade your exact problems, a lot of people blamed me too, hang in there, I took it back to the dealer, a mechanc dropped the needle, turned air screw out, and did something to my floats, he also put a hotter plug in. Now the worthles piece of crap I use to own start first kick and doen't foul plugs after one ride. Take it to the dealer man. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 27, 2002 - 02:55 AM

Ya still hate the yz huh, Kinda like a bad marrage isnt it. Love hate relationship.

What I find odd here is you took it to the dealer that did exactly what all of TT dome were telling you to do.

Am I missing something or what.

I am sorry you have a bad taste for yz now, thngs could be worse, ya could have owned a KTM or worse a cannondale :)

• Fastest1

Posted May 27, 2002 - 06:46 AM

Stick with the float level being to high! Go back to the original temp plug. The guy at the shop though he looks bright, is no match for the designer. Btw dont just turn off the gas when you are thru riding. Let it die by turning off the gas and run or idle it til it dies. Is the carb straight up and down or cocked slightly? Make sure it is straight up and down. Good Luck

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 28, 2002 - 01:09 PM

Do yourself a huge favor. You may know the drill, but if youve been riding two strokes for a while, your probably just barley crackin the throttle when a ya kick it. Put your hand on the brake resi. when you run through the drill. I hope this helps out. Also, check the float level. Its probably too high, wheather or not that the problem.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 28, 2002 - 01:12 PM

WHEATHER? GOOD LORD, what am I? A Senior in college? :)

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.