First official ride on the WR.......

6 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted April 26, 2004 - 07:36 AM

So I finally got a chance to get my new to me '00 WR400 out on a nice trail ride this weekend. I gotta say that I just love this bike. When I first bought it I was a little intimidated by the power, but now ofter 7-10 hrs of riding it does not scare me anymore. The truth is, I may want more power before to long but it's hard to say, for now I am just really happy with this choice of bike. For those that know the Boise, ID area I went up Blacks Creek with a guy from this board and one from DRN, both really good guys! It was more of a workout than I remember ridding being, but then again I am 11 years older than I was with my last dirtbike.

• yamaharichey

Posted April 26, 2004 - 08:10 AM

Congrats, I'll bet it feels good to start riding again, the only problem is now you'll be hooked and start becoming obsessed like the rest of us.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 26, 2004 - 08:15 AM

Welcome back! Your gonna love getting to know your bike. These WR's are truely amazing bikes. Have fun and stay fairly safe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bushy

Posted April 26, 2004 - 09:28 AM

Congrats, I'll bet it feels good to start riding again, the only problem is now you'll be hooked and start becoming obsessed like the rest of us.

Couldnt have put it any better, but my dirtbike has taken all my money! :D Although smoking my friends is well worth it :).

• motoloco

Posted April 26, 2004 - 09:29 AM

congrats on the new purchace you will love it as you already know. I grew up in Boise and Blacks creek is great, you should also go up to Idaho City there are some great trails up there and there is a dirt bike track out on pleasant valley road near where the national guard trains. You have to go out to Emmett to there is some great riding. boise is a great place to ride. Have fun.

• xteamrider

Posted April 26, 2004 - 11:42 AM

Oh OH! I just got my WR450F this weekend. I freaking love it. I was riding a 2002 Honda CRF450 at the beginning of the month and I gotta say I think my bike KICKS ASS over that bike. Way more manuverable, I love the electric start, and it's got some guts. I had to manauver some tricky logs this morning and my WR hopped right over them.

Posted Image

(Okay, well not this one. I had to go under this one)

• pedman

Posted April 26, 2004 - 11:50 AM

Now just update that picture your using!!!! :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.