Ranting about track (just blowing off steam)

8 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted May 25, 2002 - 02:16 PM

Please forgive me, I'm just blowing off steam here. I haven't been on an MX track in over a month and now the @*&!^! track I ride has been holding practice on friday nights instead of saturday with races every saturday and practice on sunday. Even when I could go on sunday it was so crowded that I didn't even get to burn a full tank of gas! Now for the great holiday weekend, they had practice on friday night (who can get off of work in time to practice on fridays anyway??) with races all day saturday AND sunday and NOTHING on monday... ARG!!! I'm never going to get to ride again!! @(*#&712761(@*@.... Baaah....humbug... Racing sounds like fun, but when I haven't ridden in so long I don't want to pay a lot of money to sit most of the day and ride maybe 20 minutes on the track, I want to burn several gallons of gas and wear myself out with a full day of riding! AAAHHHHH!!!! To top it all off, the bike is polished up with new parts and no maintenance left to be done so I don't even have the satisfaction of being able to work on it tomorrow! BBbllllaaahhhhh........

OK, sorry you all had to witness that, I feel a little bit better... I think I'm going to go see if I can pull off some new garage seat grabs or something... If anyone has suggestions for good riding areas in S Florida and wants to ride tomorrow please send me a PM!

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 25, 2002 - 02:47 PM

Girl friends work if a tracks not around :)

Dude know what ya mean, I am chomping at the bit for Monday. I have to many huney do's this weekend and I promised my wife I wouldf get them done.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 25, 2002 - 04:00 PM

A gf would be great, but my wife may not see it the same way that I would. :) Actually a day with the wife would be great, however she's going to a baptism and I need a good excuse to get out of it. I jsut talked to Ripper65 and we're going to meet up in Palm Bay tomorrow and ride the area near his house. I've never been there but he referred to it as "the compound" so if anyone else knows where this is and wants to meet us there just look for a guy with no numbers on his bike and a silver shiny helmet and that's me, come say howdy. :D

Posted May 26, 2002 - 03:27 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 26, 2002 - 04:15 AM

Please no CAPS

Have a good ride all of you

Well then a great game to play is the "Lucky Boy Friend :) "

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 26, 2002 - 02:12 PM

Hey guys, Ripper65 (from the crf forum) saved the day. We hooked up in Palm Bay and went for an epic ride out in a deserted housing development (roads but nothing else for miles) and had a blast! I also had some really great offers from other people here but when I got the offers I had already planned with ripper65. Thanks everyone who wanted to go riding, yall really know how to pull someone out of the crapper! Now I'm tired, full of pizza and completely content... it turned out to be a great day after all. :) :D

• MikeOK

Posted May 27, 2002 - 03:59 AM

sir- there is a local track here that holds practice once a week. This guy usually does a great job of prepping the track for races and for practices BUT... every once in a while he intentionally leaves it rutted and in generally bad shape just so we can get some practice on ruts. Grrrr my big 426 does NOT like following the little 125 ruts (or maybe it's my 210# frame on the bike that doesn't like the ruts??) Anyway, the girlfriend thing sounds pretty good on days like that (if I want my wife to know I said that, I"ll tell her, OK?)...

• yzernie

Posted May 29, 2002 - 06:27 AM

Originally posted by sirthumpalot:
A gf would be great, but my wife may not see it the same way that I would

You could actually corner better if she were to find out you have a gf. You can move farther up on the seat because your hacky-sak would be hanging from her side of the bathroom mirror!!! :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 29, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Im betting, if the wife finds out about a girlfriend, you corner better simply because you wont have anyone to tell ya, ya cant go riding anymore! And girlfriend never tell ya, ya cant go riding! Sometimes a girlfriend will even jump in the shower with ya when ya get home!! Ahh, the days of youth

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.