Sealsavers

6 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted May 23, 2001 - 03:34 PM

Has anyone used this product to save these cute little creatures? :) What are your thoughts? Worth the money?
http://www.sealsavers.com

------------------

• Bill

Posted May 23, 2001 - 03:40 PM

Bryan,

I have been thinking about them. One of the areas we ride is covered in coal dust. The locals are telling me that it's very abrasive and will wear out my seals.

Don't know if I can get past the way they look though :) and I haven't had a leaky seal YET.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Gary_Martin

Posted May 24, 2001 - 07:24 PM

I bought some of these, dunno if they work!! But I havent had any seals blow tho...so maybe they do!

People keep asking me why I have stubbie holders on my forks tho...!!!

Cheers
Gary
Victoria - Oz

[This message has been edited by Gary Martin (edited 05-24-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ButtonFly

Posted May 26, 2001 - 10:14 AM

I have not personally used them, but everyone I have talked to that has had great things to say about them. It certainly doesn't eliminate maintainance, but makes it easier to stomach sand and mud riding. Just make sure they are put on with the correct tension. The only negatives have heard is from when they are put on too tight, and cause added stiction...

Posted May 27, 2001 - 07:01 PM

I was VERY close to buying them but, when I went to my local shop the owner and I were talking and he advised AGAINST them. The way he explained it was...Yes they protect your seal to a point but, once you get some crap up inside the seal saver its trapped and only has a few inches to work it's way up and into your seal. They are a PAIN to put on because they are so tight. We agreed that the gauze tape under the dust cover was the best way to go. Cheap and easy to change.

• simonc

Posted May 27, 2001 - 07:57 PM

Gauze Tape - please explain?

Posted May 30, 2001 - 09:07 PM

One of the guys talked about it a last month. Buy a roll of 2.5" gauze pad (it looks like the tape except it not sticky on one side). Cut off a piece long enough to go around your fork tube. Slide your dust cover down and wrap the gauze around the fork tube that is normally covered by the dust cover. Slide the dust cover back in place. Now, the gauze will catch all the crap instead of your seals doing it. CHANGE OFTEN. Depending on your conditions, but hey the gauze is cheap and this is easy to do...unlike changing fork seals :)

------------------
2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.