'02 426 Fuel Screw

2 replies to this topic
  • work4matt

Posted April 26, 2004 - 02:26 AM

Has anyone please got any pics of where the fuel mixture screw is located on the 2002 YZ 426F? I need to adjust mine and can't seem to find the mixture screw on the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 26, 2004 - 05:54 AM

Small hole on the bottom of the carb, pretty much right in front of the chain tensioner. Pic is from motoman393's web site. The "L" shaped black tube is a fuel screw extender.

Posted Image

• yz_for_me

Posted April 26, 2004 - 08:44 AM

Do yourself a big favor and get/make an extended fuel screw. This is something you will frequently adjust and having an extended one is soooo much nicer than the stuby stocker. You can get them from storm cylces, Zipty Racing and Kouba . There may be others as well, but these are the ones that come to mind right off hand. I think any of them will run you about $20. You can also make your own like the one shown in Cowboy's post. Check out motoman's website for the instructions.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.