Knee braces

4 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted May 24, 2002 - 05:27 AM

What kind of knee braces are you guys wearing or recommend. I have bad knees from baseball and don't want to screw them up anymore. I have sports hinged knee brace on one of my knees, but it doesn't have any protection on the cap area and it is too big to put another pad over then top of it. I am looking for two, but there is no way the wife will let me get the Asterisk ones because of the price.

• thumper4life

Posted May 24, 2002 - 05:34 AM

try your doctor for a prescription and get your insurance to pay for it.

i will be getting a set of these most likely

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motousa

Posted May 24, 2002 - 06:52 AM

I wear teh Asterisk ones...they really are incredible..if there is anyway you COULD convince the wife, go for it. If not, look at the ones that EVS has to offer. I wore them before changing to Asterisk. They are good, but were not on the same level as the ones I have now, however their price is more competitive.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted May 24, 2002 - 08:08 AM

Called insurance company and even though I have had previous unjuries, they will only cover them if they are needed for daily use, not athletics. That sucks. I will just go out and hurt my knee, then they can pay for the darn surgery because they didn't want to help me out with the braces then :)

• Striker

Posted May 24, 2002 - 07:47 PM

I would raise a serious stink with your insurance company! I am an ex-baseball player w/ a pre-existing knee injury.... I went to my doctor and he physically wrote me a prescription citing "traumatic arthritis" for the Asterisk Cell Knee Protection System, of course those are the one's I "suggested" he prescribe! (the company is literally around the corner from my house). He told me to check with my insurance co. to make sure I had DME (Durable Medical Equipment) covered in my policy, I did and they said they WILL cover the cost (minus my deductible). Never asked me if it was for everyday use though. I was skeptical, the guys at Asterisk said they DO NOT bill the insurance co. I had to pay for them up front then submit my claim. Worked like I charm, I paid $100 out of pocket for the set. Maybe your policy needs to have DME? I don't know for sure...

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.