Hot Start Lever and rpms?

3 replies to this topic
  • YamaMonty925

Posted April 25, 2004 - 02:43 PM

Hey guys,
Question about the hot start lever. If the bike is running and warmed up and I push the hot start lever in, my rpms will rise because....?

Thanks in advance.

Posted April 25, 2004 - 03:26 PM

The rpm's rise because you making the mixture leaner. Sort of like having a vacuum leak.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted April 25, 2004 - 04:12 PM

dont u mean pull the lever out??? In is off, out is on.
Leaner=higher idle rpm

• YamaMonty925

Posted April 26, 2004 - 03:51 AM

Oh, I put one of the aftermarket lever's on it that changes the setup from "forefinger pull" to "thumb push".
I asked because at some point many brain cells ago I thought I remembered reading that if you were too lean/rich the hot start lever could help you figure out which way you were off.
I'm pretty certain my setup is good (168main, 48pj in Supermoto trim-Jardine Pipe, opened airbox, YZ cam etc) but wanted ask anyway.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.