Frame Integrity

9 replies to this topic
  • BlueStreaker

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:05 PM

Hello all,

Was involved in a head-on collison yesterday with another bike on a mountain road. Accident happened around a blind corner. I was flying up the hill and he was flying down and we met abruptly. No time to react just smashed into each other.

Question is...my frame on the lower right side adjacent to the oil strainer is smashed in. The skid plate is also pretty tore up. Took the bike to the dealership and was told to ride it for half an hour and check to see if engine mounting bolts become loose. If they do, the frame is trashed. Anyone have more insight into this or experience with frames?

I have an '02 YZ426. Also, the header is mangled and the dealer quoted me $281 for a stock header. Friggin' outrageous! Any ideas on less expensive quality headers?

I'd appreciate any info or ideas.

Thanks...

Posted May 24, 2002 - 07:04 AM

FYI there was somebody selling a used frame on ebay a couple of days ago.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 24, 2002 - 07:14 AM

I had a bud that his sole purpose in buisness was straighting Bike Frames. Here is what he told me:

Quote: I make a lot of money straighting out frames that are usless once there bent :UnQuote

I took if for what it was worth, I figure if its a 70 80 or something in that line, I would not worry to much, but a bike that can do 80mph and is a beast in the dirt, I value my body more. Get a frame

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 24, 2002 - 08:16 AM

Ya thats too bad about your bike, but my question is, how's yer mellon dude?

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 24, 2002 - 08:19 AM

Shawn
thats good
My sons brand spanking new 250f was lofted over a cliff. After I looked the bike over and swiped away the tears, My attention turn to me Son...

Me Bad :)

Sorry it wa off the subject

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fireballsocal

Posted May 24, 2002 - 03:09 PM

Hey Ego, are you a leprechan? LOL. Gimme the gold dammit!

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 24, 2002 - 03:36 PM

Firball
What you talking bout willis

• BlueStreaker

Posted May 24, 2002 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the input. I was kind of thinking I would need a new frame. I'm not one to throw caution to the wind especially on a YZ426.

Mellon is fine by the way. It's the knee and tailbone that are killin' me!

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 26, 2002 - 03:58 PM

[quote]My attention turn to me Son...

Me Bad [quote]

Leprechan, you know? Little guy dressed in green with a wicked accent?

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 26, 2002 - 05:10 PM

Ahhhhhh
Lite dawn on marble head :)

hahahahaha I get it now

No ya cant have any o me gooold

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.