rough or wont idle

5 replies to this topic
  • icerider

Posted April 25, 2004 - 07:48 AM

I just got my bike out for my first big ride this year and after it got warm it wound not idle :mad:It would either go way high or just stall out and it ran very rough? When you were on the gas hard it would run good until you let off then you could hear the rough running again. Does anybody have a hint on this, I was thinking there might be a piece of gunk or sumthing in my pilot jet??? Please help this really sucks :)

• freak770

Posted April 25, 2004 - 08:03 AM

my yz250f wont idle when the cluch is pulled in you can turn the air scew a little and that should help but i dont know wich way :)

• gfergtr74

Posted April 25, 2004 - 09:43 AM

Check your pilot jet out. Best bet is to pull the carb and clean it really well. Probably just got junk in it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 25, 2004 - 11:20 AM

Needs a cleaning. If your going to let it sit for over a month, drain the gas out of the carb. :)

• icerider

Posted April 27, 2004 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for the help guys!!! :) I am going to tear into the carb this thrusday!

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 27, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Most likely too rich a pilot. Rich pilots make the bike run rough and want to stall when idling. Pull in the hot start to see if it picks up revs. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.