Camshaft

11 replies to this topic
  • Adam

Posted May 23, 2002 - 11:07 AM

Has anyone bought a new camshaft lately and had trouble getting it? My dealer can't get it in its backorderd and he has no date to when it should be in.Guess lots of ppl are in need of them, or they are not getting to Canada.Its the final piece to my blown up engine. Does anyone know of a dealer that has one or can get one. camshaft assy 1 ."Its part # 5be121701000"
thanks

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 23, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Just curious, why not go with a more radical aftermarket set of cams if you need to replace them? Is only one ruined and you don't have the cash for two new ones?

• Adam

Posted May 24, 2002 - 09:27 PM

yeah just one cam is ****ed. i didn't know they made after market cams what are the name brands of some?

• andy_howes

Posted May 24, 2002 - 11:21 AM

try Falicon at www.faliconcranks.com :) :D

• Jon_Escombe

Posted May 24, 2002 - 12:44 PM

You could also try Hotcams, inlet & exhaust cams available at $160 each... I don't think they have a web site, but I bought a pair through MX South.

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 24, 2002 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, what those guys said. :) I don't think the cams will give a large increase in power but they can tayler the power delivery. I was looking into some rev cams for my 400. They also make torque cams.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted May 25, 2002 - 04:08 PM

Unless things have changed lately, Falicon doesn't make any cams for the 426. They DO make some cam sprocket adpators that fit the 400/426 cams that allow you to degree the cams. These are adaptors for a sport bike but also fit the 426. I emailed them several months ago about cam grinds for my 426 and they replied that they don't make cams for 2-strokes. Uh huh.

• TeamScream

Posted May 25, 2002 - 07:25 PM

Jon Escombe
Can you give us an update on your Hot Cams? I am very interested in hearing real world results from teh hot cams! Please post something for us!
Thanks!

• Adam

Posted May 26, 2002 - 06:27 PM

Do you guys think its worth getting some after market cams, i just need one and i don't realy have the money.Do any of you guys have a good connection with a dealer that could get a cam in a matter of weeks? I'm getting no results anywere around here, and i want to ride soon.Getting one form u guys is my only hope now.

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 27, 2002 - 06:35 AM

If you don't have the money, then you don't have the money. You can't run one stock and one hot cam, you must run a matched set I believe. The best bet is to get some numbers for the larger dealers off the net and start making phone calls. I'll try my local dealer tomorrow to see when he can get a cam. It's a Mom and Pop store so there is only a slim chance they can get it fast.

• Jon_Escombe

Posted May 27, 2002 - 01:07 PM

TeamScream,

The Hotcams gave more top end (7.5k & up) at the expense of some bottom (5.5k & below).

A useful trade for Supermoto, but I'm honestly not sure I'd have the talent to keep it on the pipe around a motocross track?

HTH, JonE.

• Fireballsocal

Posted May 28, 2002 - 09:42 PM

Adam: Email me at Fireballsocal@aol.com. My dealer can get them in a day or so and is willing to ship to you in Canada. $150 roughly plus whatever the shipping costs. I'll give you the number and you can straighten out the details with them.
Ben

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.