Rookie(wb pipe,how many disks)

1 reply to this topic
  • Jon_Anders

Posted May 23, 2001 - 10:20 AM

I have just converted from husky`s to wr400 and need some advice.
I`ve put on a WB e-series pipe and dont know how many disks i should have?
And what do i have to do with my carb?

The bike is completely stock.
(i use it for supermotard only)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 23, 2001 - 10:47 AM

For optimum power 12 discs. For jetting info, you need to supply more info i.e. altitude, air box lid off, timing, etc, etc.

Here are some suggestions for sea level to

172-180 main jet
#4 or 5 DVP needle or try the E series of needles.
45 or 48 pilot jet
1.5-2.0 turns on the fuel screw

You can also search in the jetting archives.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-23-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.