Broken throttle slide plates/ aka direct METAL injection

75 replies to this topic
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 27, 2007 - 09:08 AM

XR Man, what model/year WR do you have? I trying to see if anyone with a gen 2 or 3 carb (2000 model year or newer) has had this problem.

• xr_man

Posted June 27, 2007 - 01:35 PM

2002 Wr 426

• kieethes

Posted June 27, 2007 - 04:00 PM

Mine is a 1998 WR 400 FK it had a lot of miles on it when I bought it, and I put a lot of miles on it myself. I take it to the dunes at Florence, OR 6 times a year, which is really hard on parts. My second plate only took a year to break, and I don't ride every weekend.

• gearb0x

Posted October 16, 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hey did anyone here that got plates machined up have any spare they don't need? or does anyone know where i can buy them?

2 slides in 550k's (one ride) hurts :crazy:

• Taffy

Posted December 27, 2007 - 05:49 AM

i noticed that despite mentions of aftermarket made plates there is very little detail here?

i'm from the Uk and looking for a good, solid and best price answer to this age old problem.

BTW it's not the backfire, it's not the throttle stop removal it's vibration. you can hear your throttle valve clattering away at idle.

regards

Taffy

• ncampion

Posted December 27, 2007 - 09:49 AM

Stop fooling around with those POS stock FCR carbs and get an Edelbrock. Of course then you will have to find something to do with all the time you don't spend messing with jets - like go riding!

• Taffy

Posted December 27, 2007 - 11:39 PM

blah blah blah!!!!

so anyone know the best deal on a slide?

regards

Taffy

• kieethes

Posted December 31, 2007 - 08:18 AM

I still have a few machined plates left, and I'm willing to have more made, if any one is interested. They work great. I sold a few to a TT member last month, and heard no complaints. I ran one of my plates for over a year. I took it out to check for wear or defects. It looks very nice. There is only normal wear at the points where it touches the carb casting. These plates are a great answer to the breakage problem. The Edelbrock carbs are sweet, but cost an arm, leg and left goody. I also don't know if you need to buy different cables or air boots to make them fit. Here is the link to some photos.

http://www.photolava...,9j1k,9j1l.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted December 31, 2007 - 04:13 PM

just ordered new...

cheers

taffy

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 01, 2008 - 02:41 PM

I still have a few machined plates left, and I'm willing to have more made, if any one is interested. They work great. I sold a few to a TT member last month, and heard no complaints. I ran one of my plates for over a year. I took it out to check for wear or defects. It looks very nice. There is only normal wear at the points where it touches the carb casting. These plates are a great answer to the breakage problem. The Edelbrock carbs are sweet, but cost an arm, leg and left goody. I also don't know if you need to buy different cables or air boots to make them fit. Here is the link to some photos.

http://www.photolava...,9j1k,9j1l.html

So how much will you charge for a gen 1 FCR carb slider?

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 01, 2008 - 02:43 PM

I can't believe Taffy's posting again. It's like the good old days.

• skags

Posted September 18, 2008 - 07:24 PM

so does anybody have cnc'd slider up for sale ?

• kieethes

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:06 AM

To update anybody looking for a stronger plate for there frc carb, I have sold more than 50 of them in the last few years with great success. I haven't had one break. I am looking for a used M model plate to replicate in my stronger design. Please let me know if you have one, or have the ability to measure things accurately and want to share.

• freddyb420

Posted January 16, 2013 - 03:14 PM

To update anybody looking for a stronger plate for there frc carb, I have sold more than 50 of them in the last few years with great success. I haven't had one break. I am looking for a used M model plate to replicate in my stronger design. Please let me know if you have one, or have the ability to measure things accurately and want to share.

hey, im looking for one of these plates for my 98 wr400f, tired of replacing these things after 3 rides. The plate is stamped ``L``.
how much do you charge and do you ship to canada

• rowellcory

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:48 AM

anybody have a carb slide for 98 wr400 i dont want a stock one would like somthing somone has had made and been tested i know someone on hear sells them my email is rowellcory@yahoo.com someone said they have sold 50 of them without any breaks how much money

• kieethes

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:21 PM

If you need a plate message me, or buy one from me on Ebay.  I have both the M and the L plates now.  I have sold well over 100.  No complaints or returns, just happy customers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.