looking for stock 03 YZ450 header

8 replies to this topic
  • whipit1k

Posted April 24, 2004 - 05:22 PM

my poor friend Rick seems to have smashed his stock header pipe on his 03 YZ450. Any of you guys got a stocker laying around that you would like to sell? cash waiting. thanks!

• etownyzf

Posted April 25, 2004 - 12:31 AM

i have one,to bad it has a giant dent in it just like his,get a stainless one from dr.D [dubachracing] its only $100,only thing is its a lowboy pipe so it blocks the oil filter cover,making a pain in the arse oil change even more of a pain.

• fastenuf4u

Posted April 25, 2004 - 05:45 AM

whipit,
You could also have you friend check out West Coast Pipe Repair I have heard some very good things about them, and for $50 it's a pretty good deal.

• John407

Posted April 25, 2004 - 08:05 AM

The stock Ti head pipe is really weak when it's hot. I'm on my 3rd one (actually went to a stainless one). The stainless one is a little heavier but I think it mellowed out the hit. The stainless header has a 2 mm smaller inside diameter (wall thickness is greater) with the same outside diameter. Maybe that is why the power is different. Anyway the stainless header is way tougher than the Ti.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rorhound

Posted April 25, 2004 - 08:12 AM

There is a whole 03 system on e-bay for $50.00. Just saw it.

• felony

Posted April 25, 2004 - 11:17 AM

i have heard a 426 header will fit the 450,anyone know of any truth to this? :)

• bigc

Posted April 25, 2004 - 02:21 PM

I had to replace mine also.Does any one make some sort of guard for a little protection?

• John407

Posted April 26, 2004 - 05:33 AM

e-line makes carbon fibre guards for pipes. They ain't cheap though

• canook

Posted April 27, 2004 - 02:26 PM

I just had a nice dent removed from my Ti pipe by Pacific Crest Pipe Repair (www.piperepair.com).

The work was awesome, fast turnaround. $50 plus shipping

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.