Help me out (yz426 jetting) newbie

8 replies to this topic
  • Jamo

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:51 AM

My Buddy recently purchased and installed a white brother e-series silencer (stock header) and a uni aftermarket air filter for his 2001 yz462. :)

The bike now seems to have exchanged alot of the bottom and mid range that it had stock for a wild kick in the top end. :D
He is running stock jetting and no disks.

My questions are, in order to achieve more power in the bottom and mid range.

What jetting changes should he make (starting point, cause we are lost)?

How many disk should he run with your recommended jetting?

thanx
Benny

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:53 AM

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

another jetting question

AARARARRRRRRGggggggggggggghhhhh

Search read learn
Welcome though glad I could help :)

• yznvegas

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:22 AM

The reason your freind is seeing more top end is because there is much less back pressure with the aftermarket exhaust. Any time you restrict an exhaust system you will see gains in torque and bottom end, the opposite is true if you open it up.

My suggestion would be to have him experiment with the disks to provide some more backpressure in the exhaust. This will provide a base to start from, than start jetting.

Ego, this is not another jetting question by the way. Your responses are for the most part stupid and don't add anything to board, take a break.

• yzrider02

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:24 AM

If you take all the disks off you will loose back pressure. This will result is a loss in bottom end with gain in top end. Start with 12 disks ( I think White Brothers recommends this) with your stock jetting and see how it runs. You can then add and remove disks to taylor to your likes. Removing and adding disks will also effect your jetting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:31 AM

Yznvegas

Who asked you anyway?
PLUS READ NUM NUT

My questions are, in order to achieve more power in the bottom and mid range.

What jetting changes should he make (starting point, cause we are lost)?

How many disk should he run with your recommended jetting?

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• yznvegas

Posted May 23, 2002 - 08:15 AM

Again, num nuts, it's a back pressure issue FIRST and than a jetting question.

It doesn't matter, your response still holds no relevance. That seems to be a pattern for you, just typing in crap responses. You still haven't thanked me for that invoice I gave you through your p.m.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 23, 2002 - 08:46 AM

I take it that were not lovers any more Ehhh YZ :D

Ya know I am real sorry that I make no sense to ya, real sorry we cant be friends, and real sorry you are narrow minded.

Anyway I am no wait I am not SORRY

Man get a life go to a nevada cat house or something dude, your coils are twisted to tight...

Besides that blah, blah blah blah
The only back pressure her is between ye ears :D
XOXOXO
Ego

Ya know thinking about this I was wong yer right I should flog myself for being a NumNut too

Question is what should you do for being so judge"MENTAL"

Waaaa-Wa-Wa-huuuuWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :)

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 23, 2002 - 12:21 PM

I assume you mean no extra discs. because if you had no discs the end cap would seal off the pipe, and she aint gonna run like that I gaurantee it.

Im betting you didnt loose any on bottom, it just picked up a bunch on top.

If thats the only mod you have made, about half a turn out on the fuel screw and up one size on the main and you should be really close to perfect, assuming it was right before you started.

• Jamo

Posted May 23, 2002 - 01:15 PM

wow thanx to the guys that tried to help me ... this site is really going where all the others go

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.