98 yz 400 mods?

2 replies to this topic
  • mud_dawg

Posted April 23, 2004 - 07:16 PM

Well i want to start by saying i am new to this site but not to thumpers.I have a 98 yz 400. don't and never really had any problems with this bike but like i said im new to this site and have seen some mods talked about (BK) & (blue wire) im sure if i had time i could learn more about these but time i do not have right now. just wondering if some one had a few minutes to explain to me what these mods are and why they are done? like i said nothing wrong with my bike starts cold or hot has since it was new in 98 but if i can make it even better bring it on.As soon as i get more time i will look over every thing here real good but for now any help with these or any other mods for this bike would be greaT!!!

oh by the way great site can't wait to sit and look and learn more

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZFan

Posted April 24, 2004 - 12:56 AM

Not meaning to be rude here but just do a search for Bk mod, Blue wire mod, PowerNow Mod, 450 cam mod, coil on plug mod. Also go to MotoMan's site Great info!!! http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/ (God's speed MotoMan!!!) Most of the info you are asking for is on that web site.

• Satch0922

Posted April 24, 2004 - 01:16 AM

BK Carb Mod:
This Modification is only for the 00'-02' YZ426, 01'-02' YZ/WR250F, 01'-02' WR426, 00' WR400 ...this modification WILL NOT work on 98-99 YZ400's and 99 WR400's

The blue wire Mod will work but the BEST mod you can do to that bike is the 450 Exhaust CAM!!!

Welcome to ThumperTalk!

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.