bk mod

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted May 22, 2002 - 02:16 PM

Does the bk mod do anything if your bike doesnt bog off bottom? Motoman seems to say it will give you better throttle response.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 22, 2002 - 03:36 PM

I believe motoman

I had the Bog of bottom, after the BK the bog went away.

After tweaking and fine tuning the BK the throttle responce was very noticable.

The bike snaps like a 2smoker out of the burms...
It hustles very rapidly now

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:45 PM

mxr,

If you have more gas delivered by the AP than is required to keep you bike from cutting out or dying the way you ride it, the additional fuel (volume or duration) will make your bike more sluggish.

That being said, you may not have too much fuel being delivered by the AP. If not, the BK mod won't help. Many with the BK mod tend to cut the squirt way short. If you do the BK mod, use your common sense and experience instead of the .3s that worked for Ferry.

Good luck,
mwc

• skthom2320

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:53 PM

I am not convinced that every bike needs it, especially the '01 and newer.

I have not done the mod and I am completely satisfied with my throttle response at the track. I do pay attention to jetting however and keep things on the lean side, especially on the pilot jet. Just a bit of popping on deceleration seems to deliver the snappiest low end response.

Careful jetting is the key.

I think there is no question that the '00 and earlier bikes benefit from limiting the AP pump stroke.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.