Riding in Phoenix

10 replies to this topic
  • steffenr

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:04 PM

I have only been riding for about a year now aand don't know too many riding spots. I wondered if any local riders would be kind enough to share some of their spots. I mostly ride open desert and wash/hills like sycamore creek and four peaks. Any other suggestions?

• Sam650az

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:15 PM

There is a web site with a lot of Arizona specific riding info. Check out:

I think it could be of some help to you.

Good luck.

• YZ400Court

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:28 PM

Try AZ Trail Talk. A great bunch of guys and gals riding every weekend (weekdays too).

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: YZ400Court ]

• armourbl

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:14 AM

The "Towers" also called the "Corral" out near Bartlette Lake is nice. You can ride for miles in almost any direction and never run out of options.

What is your email. Maybe you can join us next time we ride out there..

• J_Bone

Posted May 25, 2002 - 09:11 PM

Hey fellas!! Is there tracks close to Phoenix/Mesa area?? I know there has to be cool riding areas, but I'm curious about tracks too??
I might move there soon and need to ride!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • war426

Posted May 25, 2002 - 01:00 PM

there is ocottilo in casa grande, also they are building a new one in apache junction :)

• armourbl

Posted May 26, 2002 - 05:54 PM

There are several tracks in the area and a new one in Mesa being built. Maybe 6 or more tracks total.

• AZ918MAN

Posted May 27, 2002 - 07:19 AM

Go to GOMXRACING.COM for all the info on tracks you need - Also the New track on the east side will be opening soon. Its called ET Motopark

• F-Pilot

Posted May 27, 2002 - 05:59 PM

J-Bone, send me an e-mail when you are coming, we can hit the tracks and ride some trails.
Hope it will be this winter unless you don't mind getting up at 4am to go riding in 100 degree temps. :)

AZ918MAN, do you still want to hook up and ride the "baby F"? I will be moving out by you next month, bought a new house in Desert Hills.

Court, I changed my rear spring to a 5.0 so I have the 5.4 you gave me. If you want it or know someone who needs it let me know.

Ben, I went to SW today with the 5.0 on, bike worked great. Lot's of changes to the track made it fun. Wait till you see the new step up. :D

steffenr, I agree, the ATT guys might be just what your looking for. Also, check out the ATR club. here is the link

• armourbl

Posted May 28, 2002 - 05:45 AM

Awesome Bob,

I'm really liking my springs too. Brenda helped me tune it for the trails and it simply rocks.

I can't wait for ET to open, pictures and descriptions sound awesome.

• mxraceraz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 11:11 AM

ET motopark is awesome. I love it being 14 mile sfrom home. the main track needs whoops though.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.