best brake pads - metallic or semi-metallic?

8 replies to this topic
  • skthom2320

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:21 PM

I want a better front brake!

Stainless line and new pads. Which are the best pads to buy? EBC pads come in metallic or non-metallic. Which have better stopping power?

Thanks!

Steve T

• Tony_Miller

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:28 PM

I say this without 100% certainty, but, I believe brakes are like most anything else, a trade off. The higher friction pads will not last as long, therefore, I say the non-metallic probably will have more stopping power, and you'll be replacing them often, so buy an extra set.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:56 PM

Id call braking and ask that question. Ive ridden a Kawasaki with a braking 260mm deal on front. That thing stopped like a formula 1 car.

• eddiec103

Posted May 22, 2002 - 10:39 AM

ive got brakings oversize wave rotor kit and a fastline front brakeline works great!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 22, 2002 - 11:36 AM

Who in there right mind uses brakes :)

Man they just piss me off cuz they slow me down. anyway you can shave 5 pounds or better if you take em off :D

• skthom2320

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:24 PM

I say this without 100% certainty, but, I believe brakes are like most anything else, a trade off.

I am looking specifically to have the best stopping power and am willing to replace the pads often.

Anyone use anything other than EBC pads? I've read here that the stock CR250 pads are very good (compared to the yammie). Any opinions there?

• motoman393

Posted May 23, 2002 - 02:33 AM

go buy some DP Pro MX pads. These pads combined with a CR routed line give you awesome brakes. Later,

Garrett

• skthom2320

Posted May 23, 2002 - 06:41 AM

Anyone know where to get the DP Pro MX pads on-line?

Otherwise I have to get a local person order from Parts Unlimited...

Steve T

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

• DaveJ

Posted May 24, 2002 - 08:14 AM

My vote as well on the DP MX pads. Be aware that make three different compounds, and you have to be very specific about the "MX PRO".

I think there's a typo in the White Brother's book that throws the counter guys off.

DaveJ

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.