Triple clamp handguard mounts

13 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 23, 2004 - 09:09 AM

Where can I get them? I'm tired of the bar-mounted clamps on my Rally Pro's twisting and bending my handguards. I checked Cycra's web site, but they only sell them as part of a handguard kit, I just need the aluminum piece that bolts to the upper clamp and the handguard.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted April 23, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Check again. Cycra does sell them seperate. $43.95

http://store.cycrara...m/trclmopr.html

• OC768

Posted April 23, 2004 - 04:13 PM

I have the GYT-r ones and I love em :) (mated w/GYT alum. woods guards)

EDIT: purpose in saying this was in case your local dealer gives you the hookup on GYT stuff (cheaper then the cycra's in my case)

• Mossman

Posted April 23, 2004 - 04:33 PM

Be careful with the bolts on the triple mount ones. I was mounting my Cycra ones tonight and stripped the triple clamp :)

The bolts are not very long and when you put the mount on there, there isn't much thread left. I recommend getting longer bolts when you do the mount.

One other item that someone mentioned to me, was using a shoulder bolt to mount the guard to the mount on the triple. The reason being that once you mount the guard solid to the triple, you lose any flex you might have in the bars (especially true with fat bars).

Joe

• cowboyona426

Posted April 24, 2004 - 09:13 AM

One other item that someone mentioned to me, was using a shoulder bolt to mount the guard to the mount on the triple. The reason being that once you mount the guard solid to the triple, you lose any flex you might have in the bars (especially true with fat bars).

Joe

Hmm... never thought of that. Maybe I'll try tweaking my handguards back one more time and giving it a shot. My brake side guard is twisted and my brake line rubs on it, so I want to get things straightened back out. I run Pro Taper bars, I wonder if this would cause me more headaches than it's worth?

• Mossman

Posted April 24, 2004 - 12:32 PM

I rode today and couldn't tell a difference with flex. No jumps, just trails, but none-the-less, no major difference. The one thing that I did run into, I have to run my front brake lever angle more downward then I usually do. The brake line runs right behind the mount and you can only roll the lever up so far. I think with a little more tweaking, they will work just fine. There is no doubt that its a clean mount though.

Check on ebay, there is a set of GYRT mounts (and they include longer bolts! :) ) I think I did a search for Yamaha Triple (looking for clamps).

Joe

• cowboyona426

Posted April 24, 2004 - 03:01 PM

Thanks! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • B86_Racer

Posted April 24, 2004 - 03:11 PM

Try the fastways. They are what I use and I really like them, however they are a little more pricey than the other ones listed here. :)

http://www.fastwaype...universalparts/

• cowboyona426

Posted April 24, 2004 - 03:19 PM

Do you notice the bars being more rigid than before the mounts?

• B86_Racer

Posted April 24, 2004 - 05:00 PM

No, not really. I do however notice that the triple clamp mounts are MUCH better than those piece of crap mounts that cycra gives you. Those things are junk!!!! You can actually take off your bar clamp and your bars will stay in place with the triple clamp mounts in place :)

• cowboyona426

Posted April 24, 2004 - 06:13 PM

That could be nice! However, that means I'll have to loosen my handguards when I want to remove my top clamp, but I think it will be worth it for having handguards that don't bend with every crash :)

• B86_Racer

Posted April 24, 2004 - 06:49 PM

It's very nice. Definitely money well spent after spending a few miles having my bark buster hang down, impair steering and generally get in the way because the bar clamp bolt stripped out. That's when I KNEW that I had to get the triple clamp mounts. :)

• 426F

Posted April 26, 2004 - 09:38 AM

I have the Cycra tripple clamp mounted ones and like them alot. I haven't noticed anything different such as flexing and I have the Fat bars. Here is a pic of mine. Handguard 1 Handguard 2

• cowboyona426

Posted April 26, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Thanks guys. I think my next mod will be getting some of those Cycra handguards, I'm not too thrilled with the durability of the Rally Pro's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.