dual sport wr450?

1 reply to this topic
  • TNKTM

Posted April 23, 2004 - 01:57 AM

I have a race bike. I want a knock-around trail bike I can dual sport that is pretty easy on maintenance. Does the WR require frequent oil changes like the Ktms? Is it hard to change oil? I guess just being able to ride it (instead of work on it) is more important than performance, because I'm also looking at a TTR 250 (although I sure wouldn't mind good performance). Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vick115

Posted April 23, 2004 - 02:15 AM

i have a dual-sported WR450, The bike is an absolute blast. on the road it handles very well and at my gearing i can cruise at 65mph with a top speed over 100mph.
the biggest maintance issue would be changing the oil. it does not hold much over 1 quart of oil. but its so easy to change. 10 minutes! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.