Difference 98 & 99 YZF400?

3 replies to this topic
  • KiwiRacer

Posted April 22, 2004 - 02:19 PM

Can anybody please tell me what the difference between the 98 YZF400 & the 99 400,I'm looking at buying one but can't see anything different,Surely yamaha changed something,But what :D Any known problems with them :)
Cheers.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 22, 2004 - 02:35 PM

If memory serves me I think they increased the size of the rod bearing in '99. I know there was a change in the counter balancer as well but I think that may have come later. Other than that I'm not sure there was much difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KiwiRacer

Posted April 22, 2004 - 02:41 PM

Cheers for that,Now i'm in the know :) :D :D

• The_Missile

Posted April 23, 2004 - 02:30 AM

I believe that the 98 had some problems with clutch baskets. I have a 98 but so far so good in 3 years use since I have had it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.