Great Track N. Texas, Nocona MX

10 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted May 21, 2002 - 02:28 PM

Here's a couple pictures of the Nocona MX track. The track is located about 20 minutes from the town of Muenster. It doesn't seem like to many people know about the track, yet. There was maybe a total of 20 people there last Saturday.

http://home.attbi.co...ona/Nocona.html

• guidster

Posted May 23, 2002 - 05:23 AM

Looks like a nice track. Do you have a URL, directions or a phone number for the track?

• westladog

Posted May 23, 2002 - 05:50 AM

dude! that track looks nice and safe to ride on unlike Shady Grove....

The dirt looks very forgiving....

how do we get there?

• TEXAS4STROKE

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:18 AM

are four wheelers allowed on the track

• Cobra314

Posted May 23, 2002 - 07:27 AM

Yeah Nacona is a pretty cool track!! Yes they allow 4-wheelers on the track...keeps the dirt from getting rutted in the corners. LOL I can't find what I did with the flyer they gave me though...I'll look for it some more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted May 23, 2002 - 05:19 PM

Here's the number 940-825-3639, sometimes you get a recording other times you get a real person(I think it's their home # too) and directions from the Dallas area

I35 North to Hwy 82 go west
30 miles to clay street in Nocona turn right. (its before the Subway, 2nd stop light
Turn left on 1759 (its not far after you turn on to clay street) Follow 1759 for 4 miles the track is on right, can't miss it

• DPW

Posted May 23, 2002 - 05:31 PM

The pictures are only about half the track, I was to lazy to walk around and do more pictures. I was told by one of guys there that the owner let him ride during the week also.

No comparision to Shady, it makes Shady look well you'll see. The only negative I have is the hour and a half drive. Send me an email if anyone wants to meet out there. I'm out for this Saturday and Sunday I'm going to VC, hoefully, but next week I'll probaly go out there on Saturday.

• westladog

Posted May 24, 2002 - 08:02 PM

Hope to see you guys there this Saturday.

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 25, 2002 - 03:13 AM

I've been riding Nocona since last fall. I made a post about it in this forum and no one read it. Yes, it is a great facility and they race every other Sunday; next race tomorrow (May 26th). They also have a mini track; my 5 and 7 year olds have been riding their JR50 & SX Pro Jr. on it and love it. It is our favorite place to ride.

Leroy (owner) says that they've gotten their name in the hat for some bigger events next year. They deserve it.

• 426_Pilot

Posted May 25, 2002 - 03:21 AM

BTW, I have pictures too but don't know how to attach for your viewing pleasure. They are pics saved on my hard drive. In the reply window I don't really see a way to attach. When clicking on the image button it asks for a URL. Any help would be appreciated.

• DPW

Posted May 25, 2002 - 03:48 AM

426 Pilot,
Email me the pictures on I'll put them up on my web page with my pics.

dezdog@attbi.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.