2004 WR450F and the sand

2 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted April 22, 2004 - 12:55 PM

:) What is the best way to protect my WR450 Against the harsh sand of the dunes??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • john450f

Posted April 22, 2004 - 01:49 PM

Stay away!! I have to remove the gaurd protecting my shock when I put my paddle on or the paddle removes it for me. So I use a shock cover from these people: http://shockcovers.com

• gfergtr74

Posted April 22, 2004 - 02:18 PM

remove all oil or lube from chain and sprockets. Sand will stick to the lube and really tear things up. Keep your a/f clean while you are out there. I will usually tear my bike down when I get back from a dune trip and clean everything and check stuff out. It is amazing where that sand can get into.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.