Seal Savers issue

2 replies to this topic
  • 450roost

Posted April 22, 2004 - 05:07 AM

After I put them on (the long ones) my suspension is noticeably alot stiffer. I followed the book and things went smooth when putting them on so im not sure what to think.
It called for using lithium grease around the dust seals after cleaning, I was thinking maybe the savers our dragging on the little bit of grease that gets on the fork
:)

Any thoughts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 22, 2004 - 06:14 AM

You only want 3" of seal saver overlaping the fork tube. I just cut the long ones down into 3 pairs approx 4" overall length. You can cable tie them to the outside of the fork and change them once a month. Forks will should not feel any different. :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted April 22, 2004 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like your fork alignment may be out of wack.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.