Knee braces that don't go down in the boots?

34 replies to this topic
  • Mark_UK

Posted May 21, 2002 - 03:02 PM

yeah they just hook over the hinges

• YZ400Court

Posted May 21, 2002 - 03:10 PM

The knee/shin gaurd is removable. I have PPO coverage, so don't need a referral to go to an Orthopedic doc. I just made an appointment and said, can you prescribe some braces for me....he said sure. I picked them up the next week. If you can get the prescription, the ortho supply house will do all the insurance work for you.

• fastkevin

Posted May 21, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Hey Mark,
If it makes you feel any better, I e-mailed Donjoy and asked where a local dealer would be so I can check them out :)
BTW The first time around, my insurance paid $500 for my CTI (1989 I believe) In 1992 I had different insurance, and the bill was $1100 ( to them)for my second CTI. different insurance companies, different pricing... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• thumper4life

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:16 AM

do the donjoy armors slide down at all?

• Mark_UK

Posted May 22, 2002 - 07:30 AM

well mine dont , they seem to sit ontop of the calf muscle.

• thumper4life

Posted May 22, 2002 - 08:26 AM

i really hope they dont slide down, ive never had any kind of knee protection that stays in place with my huge a** legs. :)

• Mark_UK

Posted May 22, 2002 - 10:16 AM

order the air condyl pads with the brace,,, id be amazed if they slide down your legs when you are riding

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted May 22, 2002 - 12:57 PM

is that knee/shin guard all one piece or can i just use the knee pad and not the shin pad or is it one piece?

maybe i can cut it if its one and just use the knee pad

• Mark_UK

Posted May 23, 2002 - 02:17 PM

is that knee/shin guard all one piece or can i just use the knee pad and not the shin pad or is it one piece?
maybe i can cut it if its one and just use the knee pad

--------------------

its all one piece and yes you could easily cut the shin pad off, its two seperate guards hinged with what looks like padded neoprene

but to be honest i dont think you would need to cut them off. they are very low profile much better fit then fox shin guards.

• thumper4life

Posted May 23, 2002 - 02:54 PM

that bottom part of the brace will probably end up in my boot so i dont think i would want more things in my boot such as a shin guard

• thumper4life

Posted May 23, 2002 - 03:08 PM

one more thing, does that top behind the thigh strap fold down or move at all? i always have problems with things that attach to my leg folding down and ending up behind my my knee because of my fat thighs :)

• Mark_UK

Posted May 24, 2002 - 09:14 PM

the strap hinges rotate a little so you can do the strap up and it will settle into the best place on your thigh.

all i can say is ive simply had not one single problem or complaint about comfort.

when you get em let me know how they feel,,,if your anything like me, id be willing to bet money they will fit into boot no promblems

• thumper4life

Posted May 24, 2002 - 10:05 AM

i dont think im like anyone, lol! 5'11" 285 :)
maybe i should go out and run so some things will fit me :D

ill let all the big dudes know how they feel/fit/comfort when i get em.

thanx for the help!

• YZ400Court

Posted May 24, 2002 - 10:34 AM

Originally posted by thumper4life:
i dont think im like anyone, lol! 5'11" 285 :)
maybe i should go out and run so some things will fit me :D

ill let all the big dudes know how they feel/fit/comfort when i get em.

thanx for the help!

I hate to admit it but 5'9" 290 to 310 range. I go really fast for short periods of time.

20" calves, 27" thigh 6 " above kneecap. Thats why I use the neoprene ones, the funnel shape of my legs does not work with any off the shelf braces.

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: YZ400Court ]

• thumper4life

Posted May 24, 2002 - 06:15 PM

well i have a 31" thigh so i dont think that neoprene would work for me at the top, it'd be a struggle to get it on :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.