Street Conv. Good Gearing????

7 replies to this topic
  • CronicArt

Posted April 21, 2004 - 08:50 PM

I'm converting my YZ to dual sport and was wondering if any of you have done it and what is a good sprocket combo?

• WR_Jason

Posted April 22, 2004 - 07:37 AM

15 T 51T is good for over 105 MPH on a WR. Your YZ is geared shorter though. What kind of top speed are you looking for?

• steveracer

Posted April 23, 2004 - 05:53 AM

im looking to change my gearing to be more road friendly. probaly a cruise speed of about 60mph. what gearing should i be lookig to get? right now it is wound up around 55-60mph. i topped it out at 80, but it was screaming. front is 13t rear is stock,whatever that is.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 23, 2004 - 09:06 AM

You may want to consider a chushined rear hub for street use. Street bikes all have it to save the transmission. For serious street conversion I would also add an oil cooler and some kind of increased oil sump tank. 1.2 quarts is very little oil for the engine and transmission. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Talonboy

Posted April 26, 2004 - 07:29 AM

I am running 15/45 gearing on my WR400. It is good for 100mph top speed, and reasonable 60mph cruising.

• 5spoke

Posted April 29, 2004 - 06:03 PM

You may want to consider a chushined rear hub for street use. Street bikes all have it to save the transmission. For serious street conversion I would also add an oil cooler and some kind of increased oil sump tank. 1.2 quarts is very little oil for the engine and transmission. :awww:

Where can you buy a cushined drive for the wr450? :thumbsup:

• ryder

Posted June 19, 2004 - 07:21 AM

Would also like to know where to get a cushined drive. Bump

• SteadyEddy

Posted June 19, 2004 - 02:02 PM

me three please :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.