Want a new pipe for 02' YZ 426????

7 replies to this topic
  • Ren92

Posted April 21, 2004 - 11:44 AM

What is a good pipe for the bike and what will it gain? The bike is a 02' YZ 426 and will see some MX tracks but mainly trails. I don't want the bike to be any louder though if thats possible.As far as I know the bike is stock but I would like to do some things to help it out. :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted April 21, 2004 - 11:55 AM

There are a number of possible combinations... some offer performance in certain places, like down low, or at WOT... certainly you can get pipes like the e-series to be relatively quiet.

Trail riding will need a Spark arrestor as well...

If you go for Carbon Fibre and Titanium, you are going to save weight as well...

Have you got your jetting right? have you done the 03 cam mod? or the JamesNow mod?

Good luck,

David

• Satch0922

Posted April 21, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Ren,

Check your pm's!!

• Lukejt

Posted April 22, 2004 - 02:33 PM

I'm thinking about getting one of those WB E's. What's the diff between that and the Pro meg?

Had a DSP full Ti system, but just smashed the header. I'd like something more quiet also. The spark arrestor is a plus.

The WB E fits on the stock header correct?

Lukejt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426FPilot

Posted April 22, 2004 - 09:21 PM

The E-series is the most versitle. You can put on the stinger tip and run it uncorked or install the plates and have a quiet S.A. without any loss in power. The FMF Q is good too, but you will sacrafice some top end and you'll be stuck with it. No tuneability.

• Lukejt

Posted April 23, 2004 - 03:01 PM

Sweet. Picked up a full WB E system with stainless high mount header for $250. Not bad. Now time to sell some of this crap I've got laying around. Anyone need a DSP can? :)

Lukejt

• HaremScarem

Posted April 23, 2004 - 11:03 PM

How's that Knee feeling?

• Lukejt

Posted April 24, 2004 - 02:07 AM

Fine. Knees are fine. Thanks. I would like a better pair of knee guards, mine just flopped to the side when I went down.

I need a spark arrestor, so figured this WB system was a pretty good deal, and the stainless header should be pretty tough.

Harem, I'm going back to TC soon with my friend. I'll PM ya first so you can show him the light.

:)

Lukejt

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.